Beginners and Beyond

Layering Up (Read 92 times)

No more marathons

The weather here today was completely redunkulous!  There are not enough swear words in Urban Dictionary to express my true feelings.

At least you don't live in Buffalo - five feet of snow with three more on the way?  And the ancients thought the gods were angry with .Sodom and Gomorrah.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

At least you don't live in Buffalo - five feet of snow with three more on the way?  And the ancients thought the gods were angry with .Sodom and Gomorrah.

It's crazy man, crazy.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

adkkev

http://www.buffalonews.com/

Scroll down the page to the "Where is the snow falling?" map ... click on the circles to see the snow totals.  North of the city (Amherst & Tonawanda), not much snow ... from the Thruway south, holy shit.

If they ever get around to building a new stadium for the Bills, I hope they remember how much snow the current one gets.  Regularly.  Not to mention those wicked winds that blow even when it's not snowing.

GinnyinPA

I was out yesterday on a windy but sunny day.  Temperature of 39 or so and wearing tights, long sleeved shirt, and a baseball cap (for sun).  The first two miles were freezing!  After that though, I was comfortable. My tights have no pockets, so wearing gloves and a fleece hat or headband wasn't an option.  I may have to start using the fanny pack even when I'm not carrying water. The cold did make me go fast.

StepbyStep-SH

Why is everyone who has posted talking about how cold 35* is ... isn't anyone running in the upper Midwest?

This morning: 5*, feels like -2*, at my run time. 2 long sleeve shirts, 1 pair tights, soft-shell jacket, fleece flip-top mittens, polar buff (face/neck covering), and a hat. Since there wasn't much wind, that was just right; I even had a little sweat going despite very easy pace and short run.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

No more marathons

Last couple of days were shorts and short sleeve weather.

Today was a little cooler - 46 with a feel like of 41.

Shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt.  No hat, no gloves - but hands got a little cold - gloves would have been OK, but not needed.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Why is everyone who has posted talking about how cold 35* is ... isn't anyone running in the upper Midwest?

I did a 14 F, wind chill of -3 last Tuesday morning, my ass is still thawing out.  lol It was horrible!

beer run

Every time I see this thread, I think it says "Lawyering Up".

I see laying up.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

My $25 Saucony mittens are much better than wearing gloves.  They are very thin and big enough so I can pull my thumb out and make a fist so my hands stay warm right from the start.  I can easily hit the gps/hrm buttons with them on.  There's plenty of room for a liner/handwarmer when the real cold arrives. When I heat up, I can carry them easily or stick them under my Spibelt.  Haven't tried carrying a water bottle yet.  Definitely have to take them off in the pop.