Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: She's a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock 'n roll (Read 34 times)

B-Plus

It may have been the way you ate this week, versus how you do not eat during race week...or maybe not.  But nutrition (specifically carbs) is definitely an important but sometimes overlooked aspect of running/racing.

Now go eat some shit up, shit is good for you. 

Sometimes things just click also. But still go eat shit up.

LRB

Sometimes things just click also.

True dat, true dat.

DaveP, congrats on cracking 2000 for the year!  FFS I am 25 miles behind you with an SRD and your LR tomorrow.  *sigh*.

LRB, thanks!  I've never had a LR where I've gotten that close to GMP, let alone get within 10 seconds of the pace the last 6 of 7 miles.  I didn't know I had that in me.  I could have pushed it harder but I wasn't racing today.  Seems like most LR's are done 60-90 seconds sower than MP, so I don't know what this effort says about where I am.  I guess I'll just stay the course.

Thanks & FYP. 

Don't worry, you will have plenty of time to catch up during my pre-marathon taper & post-marathon plans to lie on the couch for the rest of the year.

I don't know what to make of your pace either; some days I just feel way better than others, and end up with much faster pace at the same (or easier) effort. I have not been able to successfully correlate it to anything. I felt like that last weekend; my target LR pace is GMP+45/50, but I ended up more like GMP+20/30. Nothing close to what you did of course, right at GMP. In any case, it's gotta be a good sign.

Dave

delicate flower

Thanks, guys.  The cold weather certainly helped.  But, it's not like this run was that much faster than my other recent LR's (18 at 7:53 and 20 at 8:05), so I don't think this was an anomaly.  I feel like I am just trending in a good direction.  Feeling especially good that it came at the end of a 72 mile week.  Headed out for pre-movie Greek food!  Mmmmm....gyro...

<3

B-Plus

Fuck

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What happened B+?

6 with hubby, no weights.

We saw MazeRunner today. It was pretty good.

Damaris

B-Plus

What happened B+?

6 with hubby, no weights.

We saw MazeRunner today. It was pretty good.

Zelanie and the Portland Timbers smoked us 3-0 and leap leapfrogged us for the final playoff spot.

Happy bday!

I have a trail race tomorrow, so I think it's only appropriate that I've been drinking.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Zelanie and the Portland Timbers smoked us 3-0 and leap leapfrogged us for the final playoff spot.

Happy bday!

I have a trail race tomorrow, so I think it's only appropriate that I've been drinking.

Me too!  I have found drinking before a race is beneficial for one's stress.  Are you using the Mizuno trail shoes?

Damaris

LRB

I thought the key was to drink during a trail race.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought the key was to drink during a trail race.

I must be running the wrong trail races.

Damaris

B-Plus

Me too!  I have found drinking before a race is beneficial for one's stress.  Are you using the Mizuno trail shoes?

Of course I will #blazenewtrails in my Hayates.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Of course I will #blazenewtrails in my Hayates.

Awesome!  I cannot wait to read all about it.  Good luck!

Damaris