Beginners and Beyond

We Are The Wednesday Penguins! (Read 36 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, I think you and my DH have it pretty good today with the wives cutting the lawn  I just finished mowing the lawn and edging the sidewalk. I'm going for my run and I hope DH gets home from work in time to run the trimmer.

But I am NOT cooking tonight. We can either eat what's left over or order out.

Wow, Margo, you mowed and ran ????  I better trim tomorrow.   DW is now cooking as the tornados bear down on us.  Are you going to Merion for the Open?

GinnyinPA

Margo - I usually do the mowing too.  My husband trims since I don't like working the weedwhacker, and the time usually works out to be about the same.

4 on the TM done.

Philliefan33

Jerry, no U.S. Open for me.  I can appreciate golf, but not enough to be bothered to fight the crowds.

Six slow ugly miles done. I don't know whether to blame it on yesterday's intervals or the lawn laps, but my legs are dead. RD tomorrow will feel good.

Zelanie

Back from PT.  I'm still allowed to run, but shorter this week, all flat surfaces.  He did a Graston-type thing on the knee and some stretching, and I'm going to try a tennis ball instead of a foam roller.  I also got some advice on how to start those incline squats to make things better and not worse.

I feel better already just having a plan.  I like to feel like there's something I can do to be moving forward instead of backwards.

I don't know what's up with wives and mowing, but I've taken over mowing here, too.  DH gets terrible allergies, and grass is a major one.  So for now, he's vacuuming and I'm mowing.  Of course, as soon as he took over the vacuuming, suddenly the vacuum is broken and now we're waiting for a part, figures. Roll eyes

Philliefan33

Good news Mel, at least you can keep running.   Do you ice your knee regularly?  I'm a big fan of icing.

Zelanie

I've been icing after every run.  But apparently you're not supposed to ice after this Graston thingy because it's supposed to increase circulation to the area, which you want.

Bin Running

Ginny, no suit.. The pictures said free cuddles. So, I guess it's good.. haa

Scotty, flying on Sat morning..

Coralie, the chicken are for the eggs or meat? Or, just a simple pet?

Mel, good move by DH.. haa.. Just kidding...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

One of the joys of apartment and city life.....no lawns to mow.

Zelanie so sorry youre still having so many issues Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Aw shucks, wish I could get my wife to mow Sad . I did 4.11 miles tonight, run 2, walk 1/4, run the rest. I didn't mean to, but got down to 8:40 pace at one point. Knee is feeling fine, *knocks on wood*, but L foot is achy. I ordered some of those hard plastic orthotics to try. I got the tip from a person on one of the miles team.

My pup seems to have gotten her appetite back, that makes me so relieved.

Dad on the run.

Did 4 miles in the blistering hot humid weather. 38 miles so far, on track to hit 101 miles for the month, that will be a first for me!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.