Beginners and Beyond

Hamilton Hangover 5 mile race - RR (Read 71 times)

music_girl117

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments!  And a small update: the online results now list the AG awards in the normal 10-year increments throughout.  I guess they had a glitch in the computer on the day of the race that was sorting people into the 20-39 group.  So that's good at least! Smile

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race and sounds like some nice race stuff too, good entry price, nice shirt.   Crazy about the age group thing.  I've done smaller races in the past where the 'oldest" age group category was listed as "50 and up"...what the heck?

Well, sounds like you enjoyed yourself, in spite of your "new" age group category, and congrats on your PR!  Glad they finally got the AG thing corrected!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Congratulations on the race!  I've never raced a 5-miler before and it does sound tough to find the right balance between not quite a 5K, but still pretty fast.  Sounds like you executed it well for your first attempt. Smile