Beginners and Beyond

Help! Montreal, what to see and where to stay? (Read 64 times)

RSX

Brossard is mall city. Not very attractive, but lots of restaurants, very English speaking and a short easy drive to the subway (metro) in Longueuil. In Longueuil, you can park your car in the metro parking lot. I'm not sure how much it is to park for the whole day, but I would imagine at least $10, so think of that for your budget. How much per night were you budgeting? I understand how scary the amount becomes when you multiply by four nights, plus taxes on top. I looked at the price for a double bed in a motel in the town next to mine, which is about a 15 minute car drive to the metro in Longueuil: $320 plus taxes for 4 nights. The decor is definitely tired, but on the up side, you can ask for the room with the mirror on the ceiling. 

We don't really have a budget as much as she likes to get as good a deal as possible. That is why she likes Priceline as the perception of a deal. Occasionally they offer deals without going through the bidding process. That is coming up as just $87 a night which sounds maybe too good. She was hoping for $120 a night before she saw this.

happylily

We don't really have a budget as much as she likes to get as good a deal as possible. That is why she likes Priceline as the perception of a deal. Occasionally they offer deals without going through the bidding process. That is coming up as just $87 a night which sounds maybe too good. She was hoping for $120 a night before she saw this.

It does sound like a great price for a Best Western. They are usually around $125-$150 around here.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

It depends if you like to drive or walk.I hate Brossard. Can't do anything without taking your car. It's a suburb with houses with pools in the back yards and absolutely no soul to the town.

But if you get a good deal, and like to step in your car as you head out of the door of the hotel, Brossard is situaed in a goos spot, just besides Longueil.

I wouldn't go there, but I live IN Montreal where I walk most of the time, and I rented an appartment in Barcelona, right on a very busy street, at 100 feet from a subway station, in Madrid we are right in town also. We took the car only to visit Toledo, the rest we did on foot.

Depends the kind of "visitors" you are IMO.

happylily

It depends if you like to drive or walk.I hate Brossard. Can't do anything without taking your car. It's a suburb with houses with pools in the back yards and absolutely no soul to the town.

But if you get a good deal, and like to step in your car as you head out of the door of the hotel, Brossard is situaed in a goos spot, just besides Longueil.

I wouldn't go there, but I live IN Montreal where I walk most of the time, and I rented an appartment in Barcelona, right on a very busy street, at 100 feet from a subway station, in Madrid we are right in town also. We took the car only to visit Toledo, the rest we did on foot.

Depends the kind of "visitors" you are IMO.

You and I are snobs when it comes to suburbs.  Of course, I live in what could be considered suburbia as well, but we have a nice river and a beautiful mountain. Feels like countryside rather than suburb. Brossard, yuck...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010