Beginners and Beyond

hog4life's Oak Barrel RR, Worst of 7, a Bottle of Jack, a FE, Good Memories, and Great Pics! (Read 76 times)

hog4life

That's tough for a race to fall apart like that after a good training cycle. Any possibility you can find something else soon to make good use of your current fitness. There should be a lot of races cropping up on the calendar now that the weather is improving. Might be a perfect time for a fast 5K or 10K.

George, I have another half this Sunday, I'm hoping last week was a "bad" day. The only thing, is I have a duathlon on Saturday of 3/13.5/3, so if it doesn't wipe me out, I hope for a strong run on Sunday!

Dad on the run.

Mitch -  sorry you had such h a I'm rough time with this run.  Glad you had a good time anyways though. I'm jealous you got to meet awood!

I'm without a doubt running this next year. I was going to run this year bit we got pregnant and it was to close to due date for us to be traveling that far. I'm signing up for it though as soon as they open up registration.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Those finishing medals are sweet!  I'd do the race just for one of those.

This race sounded so disappointing, especially after such good training.  Nice though that you have another race this weekend to hopefully redeem yourself.  Did you always plan on doing these races back to back?  At least you learned a few lessons, and had some good times with your family and friends, and got to meet out Awood (Awood the giant!)  Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Great pictures of you and everyone though I must say, that you appear to be limping in that last race pic.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson