Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILY Earlybird Penguins (Read 21 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I got to work late today, mostly because I was sitting on the couch gabbing with DH and didn't leave on time.  Then I got to work and sat in my office gabbing with my tech, and now it's noon.  My, how time flies!!  Glad it's Friday, although since I haven't done anything work-related yet, I probably won't sneak out early ...

Jerryb -- hope the rain clears off!!

Awood -- glad your normality has returned!!  Not status quo normality, of course, just your normality.

Scotty -- laughing at  your beer graphics!!

Docket -- howdy!!

Bin -- glad you're not sore any more!!

Lauren -- glad your calf is better!!  Cleaning, blech ...

Phillie -- glad your vacation was wonderful!!

traci -- luckily my DH washes dishes and vacuums, eye candy galore!!

Jack -- glad the air is better!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Stormy...must be nice, Jerry!  I wish we had some stormy weather!   Stupid drought...hope you can get your run/walk in later!

Glad your calf is feeling better, Bin!

but I could feel it when I run my knuckle thru it.   Well, the solution is simple, then...DON'T DO THAT!  Joking   Gotta think 'simple', Bin!  Like...what's the best cure for double vision?  Well, duh....shut one eye!  Wink

Lauren, when the repair guy comes, just answer the door nekkid, he/she won't even notice the cat/dog hair and dishes after that..Wink...  Hope your water running went well.

Welcome back, Margo, glad you had a nice vacation!  Good luck with the catch-up at work!

Enjoy your rest day today, Mitch!

Good luck with your crazy work day, Damaris, hope you get everything resolved!

Fridays are pretty laid-back here at our university too, HsM. I think I've done one work project since getting here at 6:15 this morning, lol.   Oh well.

Jerry, National Ice Cream Sandwich Day?

Love ice cream sandwiches!

Let me get into character for the day.......

Free Licks, Penguin Ladies! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Weather cleared up, but muggy (67 DP). Ran .75 mile intervals.  Walking intervals makes it too easy.  i'm getting spoiled (more spoiled, actually).  FOB suit fitting today.

Zelanie

Quick check in for me.  Vacation and running still going well.  My "RD" yesterday involved a long day at a theme park and lots of roller coasters.  I felt tired and sore last night and was pleasantly surprised that I felt great on my run this morning.  Sadly, we only have a couple of days left here.

Hope that everyone has a good day!

Singer who runs a smidge

I love roller coasters!!  Sadly, DH definitely does not.  I've taken him on a couple of kiddie coasters, after which he said, "That was really not fun."  Confused

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Roller coasters turrify me. My stomach does not like to move that way!

Zelanie

I used to be too scared to go on them, but DH and DD have converted me.  I still feel scared and like maybe I made a mistake once I'm strapped in and the ride has just started, but that's all part of the fun.  DD has never met a ride that is too big or too scary for her.  When she was little, we once got her tall shoes so that she would be able to get onto the ride she wanted to do.

Singer who runs a smidge

DH and I went to an amusement part one time with his brother, his brother's wife, and their kid.  Zane would have me and David "preview" all the coasters for him.  We went on one that was an indoor dark coaster, which we thoroughly enjoyed, but coming into the stop I was wondering what the white lights were doing on the side wall of the track.  Then I realized that wasn't the side, it was the ceiling.  Weirdest feeling ever.  So we come out, and they said, "How was it?"  David and I both go "It was great!!"  Zane asks, "Would I like it?"  Both of us, "NO!"

Sloooow.

Afternoon, all.

Beer is to me what coffee is to Scotty. Gag, haha. Any alcohol for that matter.

2 measly miles this morning, pitiful ralking. I feel 90% better, but no energy at all. I'll get there.

SheCan

Ran this afternoon when the clouds rolled in.  I ended up getting a little over 14 miles because it was just so nice.  However, my luck ran out on my last mile when the rains suddenly came down hard.  All in all though, it was a great run, and I was at least glad it wasn't hot.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson