Beginners and Beyond

Peguin Memorial Monday (Read 20 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Headed to the park in about an hour for a small 5k.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 easy Hanson miles done.  Pilates later.

PAD, enjoy the 5K.

Thank you, Veterans, for your service!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

srd for me. dw and I are packing and going home. No running whatsoever. Eating and sleeping are ony agenda.

GinnyinPA

Jack - what happened at the race?  Are you doing a RR?

PAD and Scotty - good luck with your 5ks today.  Hope they're fun.

Damaris - good job on the early 8.  Have fun with Pilates.  Do you go to a gym or just do it on your own?

AFM:  Hot and humid today. We planned to go hiking, but I'm not sure Jim is up for that, at least, not far.  If not, I'll probably run on the TM later.  Anniversary dinner tonight (18 years) at either Outback or Lone Star.  I want ribs.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, I pay for private classes atop some torture machines.

pilates done ans I am sore!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  Probably run 8ish in a bit.  I didn't get any yard work done yesterday, and now it's looking a bit gloomy outside.  My main plan is to plant some carrots and tomatoes that will be ready when I get home. Smile  We did have a couple of bushes that died out in the hard freeze last winter that we really should take out.

Mostly I've been working on the eBay garage sale we've been having to pay for this grand adventure.  DH used to work in a comic shop, and he has quite the Magic card collection.

I've been looking up temps for where I'll be staying in Costa Rica.  It looks like the temps will be 70s-80s, dew points in the 60s most of the time, with an elevation of 3,840 feet.  So the temps here are about the same, but I WILL need to adjust to the humidity and elevation.  Still, it looks like it's significant but not absolutely terrible.

Good luck to Mitch and PAD!

D- I'm excited that you're doing Hanson's.  One of our local runners has been using it to train for Newport, which is next week.  I'll let you know what he thinks afterwards.  So far, he's happy with it.

Jack- Sounds like a smart plan to take that extra night in the hotel and drive home today.  Hope you and DW are feeling good!

Ginny- Happy anniversary!  You're going to be eating ribs in front of Mr. Broken ribs?  Hah!  Hope that you enjoy your hike or run!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope the 5K went well PAD.

Hi Docket.

jack, are you and DW wearing your medals today.

Happy anniversary Ginny.  Ribs do seem unusual for hubby.

Enjoy the 8 Zel.

5 for us today. Went back to  des Plaines River Trail for a different section.  Kind of hard mud with rocks sticking up frequently.  Had to pay attention since its hard to see in the shade.  Long bridge over the highway was hot and soft gravel.  That got the HR up.  At least this trail is quiet with few bikes.  Felt much better today.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: yeah, we slept in until 6:30 and got the breakfast. Now we are home.

Ginny: i will probably do an rr later today.

Jerry: oh yes, we are wearing the medals around the house. Just kidding, mine is already in the shoebox with the others. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Probably run 8ish in a bit.  I didn't get any yard work done yesterday, and now it's looking a bit gloomy outside.  My main plan is to plant some carrots and tomatoes that will be ready when I get home. Smile  We did have a couple of bushes that died out in the hard freeze last winter that we really should take out.

Mostly I've been working on the eBay garage sale we've been having to pay for this grand adventure.  DH used to work in a comic shop, and he has quite the Magic card collection.

I've been looking up temps for where I'll be staying in Costa Rica.  It looks like the temps will be 70s-80s, dew points in the 60s most of the time, with an elevation of 3,840 feet.  So the temps here are about the same, but I WILL need to adjust to the humidity and elevation.  Still, it looks like it's significant but not absolutely terrible.

Good luck to Mitch and PAD!

D- I'm excited that you're doing Hanson's.  One of our local runners has been using it to train for Newport, which is next week.  I'll let you know what he thinks afterwards.  So far, he's happy with it.

Jack- Sounds like a smart plan to take that extra night in the hotel and drive home today.  Hope you and DW are feeling good!

Ginny- Happy anniversary!  You're going to be eating ribs in front of Mr. Broken ribs?  Hah!  Hope that you enjoy your hike or run!

Yes!  Let me know!  I am only doing the last 9 weeks, though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

Oh yay! The board is back up! Thanks eric!

I just got back from the cabin today and went out for 2.5 miles. It's hot! My pace suffered, but it actually feels kind of good to sweat like that.

I finished C25K on Saturday, followed by a 5.5 mile walk/run for a total of 8 miles. My half marathon training is going awesome.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)