Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguin Alert : The Igloos Are Melting! (Read 27 times)

One Half So Far

Hey guys, I'm still alive.  Busy busy.

Doing my first half in Corvallis on Sunday.  Training was going good until I got a calf tweak a couple weeks ago.  Been babying it....took 10 days off from running, but back out now. Was hoping for a sub-2, but I think 2:10 is more realistic now.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Zel, I sent you a message,.  Hope we can meet up Sunday.

Jeff

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Chihuahua was what got me.  I didn't get any info, but I know where he lives.  His name is Gouda according the owner.  I didn't even realize it until I got home.  That thing looked like it had eaten a jogger...fattest chihuahua ever.

Awood, saw your dog-bite photo from yesterday.  Sorry about the bite!  Hope you got info on the dog, that  its shots are all up to date, etc.  Rabies shots are no fun!

I've been bitten by one dog in my whole life....a damn chihuahua!   Which is not even a REAL dog, sheesh!  Joking

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haha.... sorry about the bite Sad but your description of the tubby chihuahua is funny

Chihuahua was what got me.  I didn't get any info, but I know where he lives.  His name is Gouda according the owner.  I didn't even realize it until I got home.  That thing looked like it had eaten a jogger...fattest chihuahua ever.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

You should have punted that lil shit to te next block.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Jimmy, sorry to the arguement. Hope it pasts real soon.

Awood, little dogs are mean!

Scotty, nice shoes. I need to check out the sale too.

Still eating lots and no running in Taipei.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Jeff!  Good to see you here!  Definitely hoping for a FE on Sunday! Smile

I'm happy to report that my run tonight was great and my hip gave me no trouble at all.  I ran two, then thought, "well, maybe just a few strides to practice race pace."  Then before I knew it, I was at 2.5 and decided to jog the extra half mile to make it an even 3.

Feeling really good again!  I mighta bought myself two new pairs on Kinvaras at the runningwarehouse sale.  Since the 4's are out, I figure it doesn't hurt to have some extra 3's on hand just in case I don't end up loving the 4's, you know?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: Glad to hear the hip is better. You will kill it at your HM!!!