Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Never Get <Censored>! (Read 278 times)

Docket_Rocket

Dtothe2nd, I feel the same way and mine are the same.  And I see you decided to copy cat my bad assness!

As to the title (which I just noticed after I ingested coffee), I'm sure you guys will never get censored. You behave!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

HEY HEY HEY!! .......mmmmm....I must be having childhood fat albert flashbacks or something! 

Anyspray! HEY GUYS! Glad to see everyone. 

I am officially on break until January 7th! WEEEEEEEE!!!!! Got a few miles in yesterday for the first time in ..ohhh 3 1/2 wks. I was grinning ear to

ear and I even skipped shopping to do it!! I had a chiro appt and was ready to go to the mall afterwards and then my friend text me about going

running......and that was all it took! 

I am glad I got it in yesterday, although it was rainy, it was in upper 40's and today with the wind chill...it's 29. YIKES. SNOWW this weekend though! Big grin

I am hoping to get my winter running gear that I asked "santa" for! 

Have a great day! 

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

awood: Good luck with the drinking!

Bin: It will be fun to watch your progress as you work towards your goal. 51 miles a week!!  Yes! You got this! I might try the Ryan Hall plan for my next HM in April.

t-rod: Tomorrow is my last day. Smile

It is raining here now... not just a drizzle, it's raining. I think it is supposed to stop later and I will get my five in.

Have a good day.

Tomas, wow you are running some serious milage!  Are you keeping a log on here?  I do have to admit I like checking out peoples running logs Smile.

Brady- I have been keeping a log since I started here. I didnt go back and input all of my runs from before into the log on here. Here is a link to my run keeper website- it has stuff since may, which is almost my entire running career. I got off the couch April 3rd. I didnt know until I looked at my runkeeper that in the past 30 days I am at 158 miles. I had no idea I was that high, no wonder i keep losing tread off of shoes Smile I just need to lose some more weight. 270 lb dudes probably shouldnt be putting in miles like that.

http://runkeeper.com/user/TomasRodriguez/fitnessReports/cardio

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie

Good morning!  Snowing here today but no school delay.  It is supposed to melt but I was hoping we'd at least get a late start.  Oh well.  I will be running 6 either today or tomorrow, depending on how things go.

Gustav- I hope that you are able to get back to running soon!  Do you have a timeframe that you think it will take?

D- Glad you found your cat!

Margo- For my only 10K, I just told myself to take the first mile or two easy and then step it up from there if I could.  That seemed to work pretty well, although I don't know that I stepped it up at all.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gustav, good luck with your non-running C25K program, lol.  Do the activities include potato chip eating marathons and endurance TV watching? Wink   Happy gym day today!

Good luck with the HM training upcoming, Bin.  And with your test on Saturday.

Awood, you're turning into a running fanatic!  Joking What is your occupation anyway?  Besides running and drinking... Wink

Glad you got your cat back again, Damaris!  Good for Rubio, hope you rewarded him appropriately.

I like 10Ks, Margo.  For me, they are just long enough to be challenging - especially as slow as I am, lol, - but also over relatively quickly.   I bet you'll have fun with yours.  Good luck!

TRY for five, Jerry?  I don't doubt you can do five.  Good luck!

You are turning into quite the morning runner, Tomas!  Congrats on your miles!  Yeah, me too, 3 more days and then I have 5 days off straight, nice.

Hope another rest day helps you recover fully, Kristin!  As for that other thread..I didn't even bother to read all the ongoing "crap" in that I assumed would be in that one, I just ignored the thing totally.  Who needs the negativity, got enough of that stuff already ongoing in other phases of my life, I want to be happy happy happy on the forum.  Joking

Brady are you and Dave having a streak contest?  Hope you are able to get your new shoes!

and I think if I keep plodding along, I'll get somewhere.  Not on a treadmill you won't.  The only somewhere you can get is to the end of the treadmill, right? Wink   Or, in my case, off the back of it, which is what usually happens to me after I get on a treadmill, lol.   I am a total klutz on those things! Congrats on your running progress, Liz!

so I skipped my run this morning   Wow, Dave, I was in SHOCK when I got to that part, and then I read you would run later...so the world returned to normal again.  Big grin  Happy running this afternoon!

Welcome back, Tori!  Happy to read that you are running again!  Hope Santa brings you everything you want!

Hope the weather cooperates for your five later, Jack!  If not.....go run in it anyway, you big wimp!  Wink  Just joking, of course.  We "old men" have to be more careful with cold and wet weather, we are so much more susceptible to getting ill, right?  That's my wimp-excuse story and I'm sticking to it.

Good luck with the miles later, Zelanie.  Snow...yuk. And to make you feel better, here is my "As For Me" for today:   plan to run about 4 miles after work around the university campus in the beautiful sunshine and SEVENTY-EIGHT degree weather.  Yep, today our high is going to 79 degrees, sheesh!  Is it really December?  I am enjoying it while I can, though.   Friday we are supposed to have lows in the 30s for a few days.  Crazy Texas weather, hot...cold...hot....cold...Mother Nature really loves playing down here, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  W3D1 of c25k tonight, and I left my Garmin with DH so he could program it in.  Woo-hoo!!  I also remembered on the way to work that we haven't bought Christmas presents for my nephews, as far as I know, oops!  Guess that will be a Thursday task.  Still a few work things to wrap up before I disappear for the holidays on Thursday!!

Gustav -- have a good gym day!!

Bin -- sounds like a good workout!!

Awood -- I love sales reps this time of year!  Actually, mine always show around lunchtime, year round.  They like the Thai place across the street.

Docket -- Our Chewbacca is an indoor-outdoor cat, and we always worry when he doesn't show up for dinner on time.  Glad yours are ok!!

Phillie -- go for it, sounds fun!!

Jerryb -- have a good 5 later!!

T-Rod -- woo-hoo for your 6!!

kristin -- I have a friend who's a coach, and he says that you need one day of recovery for each mile of a race.  So six days of easy after a 10k.

Brady -- woo-hoo for your ongoing streak!!

Doc -- sounds like a nice comfortable routine!!

D2 -- good on you for helping out!!

Tori -- woo-hoo for your winter break!!

Jack -- hope the rain clears off for you!!

Zelanie -- I'm always hoping for a snow day!  Luckily I live in a place that shuts down if there are just a few inches ...

Scotty -- good morning!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning everyone.

I got in a 3.4 mile run this morning.  Warm and muggy this morning but it is supposed to be back in the 30s by Friday.  One good thing about the weather in Georgia, if you don't like it just wait an hour and it will be different.

For the past month or so I've been experiencing soreness in my right foot.  I've tried to analyze everything I've done or do to try to figure it out.  On Sunday morning, I figured it out.  I have 3 pair of shoes I rotate through.  On Sunday I ran in my New Balance that I hadn't worn in a week.  After 4 miles, my right foot was sore again.  They are super comfortable but there is something that just isn't working for me  Today I ran in my worn out Brooks Adrenalines and have absolutely no issues.  Looks like I have a permanant pair of grocery store shoes now...

Y'all come see us.  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Brady- I have been keeping a log since I started here. I didnt go back and input all of my runs from before into the log on here. Here is a link to my run keeper website- it has stuff since may, which is almost my entire running career. I got off the couch April 3rd. I didnt know until I looked at my runkeeper that in the past 30 days I am at 158 miles. I had no idea I was that high, no wonder i keep losing tread off of shoes Smile I just need to lose some more weight. 270 lb dudes probably shouldnt be putting in miles like that.

http://runkeeper.com/user/TomasRodriguez/fitnessReports/cardio

Cool thanks Tomas!

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Gustav-  Glad you're still staying active even though you can't run.  It really is hard to stay motivated when you're injured.  

DocketR- Glad you found your cat.  That would have scared me so much.  

Philliefan-  you'll do good with your 10k I think.  Sounds like you have a good strategy worked out.  Plus if its your first one, you know you're going to have a PR.

Doc-Liz-  Great job building up your mileage and strength.

Dtothe2nd-  Sorry DW is sick, but good for you for helping out so much.

Tori- I loved Fat Albert especially that kid with the cap pulled all the way over his nose.  Enjoy your Christmas break!

Jack K-  Sure hope your rain stops long enough for you to get a run in.

Well, I still haven't ran yet, but am about to go out and get probably about 6.  Then me and my DD have a girls day planned.  We're going to head for her school so she can register for next semesters classes, do some Christmas shopping, and come home and watch girly shows together!  I love spending time with my DD Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Tori- I loved Fat Albert especially that kid with the cap pulled all the way over his nose.  Enjoy your Christmas break!

LOL! This is GREAT!! AHH...I miss the good ol' day cartoons! Now a days they are just weird! EXCEPT Phineas and Ferb! They are pretty cool!!!! NO, I don't have children but I do have young kids in my life! HAH! 

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

hog4life

Hey everyone, I'm heading out for a few miles. Catcha later.

One Half So Far

Mornin, folks.  Debating whether to run today after work in the snow, or wait and see what tomorrow brings.  Prolly....snow.  Sigh, I hate the treadmill.  Always feel like I'm about to fall off the damn thing.

Gustav: Have fun at the gym...if that is possible.

Bin: 14/51 plan?

Awood: Luck!

DR: Cats are the bane of my existence.  We have 4 indoor/outdoor cats...and by that, I mean they are inside when I wish they'd go out and outside when they should be in.

PF:  Me too.  Get me through this week somehow and I can enjoy the next two at home. I can give you some advice on how NOT to run a 10K if you want it.  It involves running the first half of it like someone was chasing you with a cattle prod.

Jerry: Have fun with your 5.  Hope your weather's better than ours.

Kristin: Yeah, I saw that thread too.  Nothing like the internet to bring out.....anyhoo.  Hope your yoga solves what it needs to solve.

Tomas: Dunno about you, but I have a love/hate relationship with this week.  I am looking forward to being off for 2 weeks, but so are the kids, and they almost just blow this week off.  Which drives me nuts.  And it's snowing here today, which, in Oregon, is cause for dropping whatever you're doing (like a test) and staring out the window.  Down go the blinds.  Up goes the blood pressure.

Brady: Streak?  You on a consecutive days streak?

Liz: Keep it up Smile

Dave: I guess I'll move my log here after the new year.  Apparently I can download from mapmyrun onto the log here, so once 2013 starts, I'll do that.

Tori: Grats on being on break! If you write a letter addressed to the North Pole, perhaps that running gear will magically appear Smile

Jack: Have fun on your 5.

Zel: Same here.  We'll see what the weather looks like when I get home and decide if I want to drag out my headlamp and get 5 in.  May postpone til tomorrow. 

Scotty: Will trade weather with you.  Come enjoy a lovely Oregon summer day.  30 and rainsnowing.

HM: Welcome to week 3!  You have a race lined up?

Robert: Yep, went through that too.  Changing shoes solved it.  Only got about 250 miles on the pair of shoes I replaced, though....seems like I should have gotten more.  Perhaps it was a function of weight.  Even though I'm at goal (Lifetime WW for 3 months now woot!), it seems a heavier person would go through shoes more quickly.  Should do some research on it.

Cherie: Spending time with the daughter is win. Always....ok, most of the time :P

Mitch: Have fun.

Well, first period is about over and I should start grading tests.  Fun never ends.  Will see if I get a run in tonight.

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Morning Peeps!

Gustav - I know you're itching to get back out there. You will be back out there before you know it.  

Bin - Good job on your 6M and good luck with your test.

Awood - Have a good run tonight and don't drink too much!!

Docket_Rocket - I'm glad your cat was found. Have a good run tonight.

Philliefan33 - I'm counting,  that's who. Lol    Because I've only got a few more hours and I'm off of work until next year. Have a good run tonight and if you decide to do the 10k good luck and have fun with it. Like you said it will be a PR. Smile

Jerryb49 - Have a great run tonight.

T-Rod - Good job on getting your 6 in. Keep counting the days down. They will go by fast than you think.

Kristin - Better to take a rest day than overdo it and injure yourself. 2 slow miles and some yoga sounds like a good plan.

Brady - Good job on the streak. I'm on day 2 of my streak. I broke mine Sunday so I'm starting over.

Hey Doc - Sounds like you've got a plan and it's working for you.

Dtothe2nd - A 4 year streak is CRAZY!!! Now my "try to keep my streak going until my birthday (in a few months)" idea doesn't sound so bad even though it's a VERY long shot for me. I read you skipped your run this morning and I thought I'm going to beat his streak (eventually since I'm only in my 2nd day). Then I read further and saw you will be running later. Smile

Tori - Sometimes it's the unplanned runs that are the best. Hope Santa brings you everything on your list.

Jack Klompus - Hope it quits raining for you and you get your run in.

Zelanie - Enjoy your 6 whether it be today or tomorrow.

Scotty - Good morning to you Scotty!!

Robert - Good job getting your run in and figuring out your foot problem.

She Can - Have fun on your girls day out and have a good run tonight.

Hog4Life - See ya when you return!

J.Drumm - Hope you get your run in OUTSIDE.

AFM - I've got a few more hours of work and then I'm off until next year. I'm picking a friend up at the airport I haven't seen in years that is flying in early for Christmas. It's supposed to be in the high 70s today (it's already 69° ). We're going to a barbecue this evening so I'm going to try to squeeze in a run in the sun before I head off to the airport. This is definitely out of the ordinary for me since I run under the stars. Shorts, barbecues, weather in the 70s in December....OH MY!!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day and an even better night!!

Don't believe everything you think. 

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

I've been slacking on posting here.  I've been trying to keep my blog updated.  I did 5 miles yesterday and 3 today. all before 6am Smile That makes me so happy.

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com