Beginners and Beyond

The Last MONDAILIES of 2012 (Read 191 times)

Ball of Fury

AmiK, I did the Topo Trail race at Big Bone Lick and it involved a creek crossing (2X).  It was cold, wet, muddy, snowy and just plain AWFUL - and I enjoyed every minute of it.

That's awesome!  We won't get to the another one until Devou Park because the next one is on our marathon weekend!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

@runjerseygirl

My foot hurts when walking now, too.  Should I try wrapping it with an ace bandage?

Do you even run?

Ami, enjoy your SRD.

Weezer, have a great run.

Lily, enjoy your recovery run.

Damaris, I think the RWOL forums are completely down. I tried doing a search to see if anyone ever posted about tightness in the lower hamstring or upper calf cause soreness in the back of the knee. No luck.

lilac_jive, I hope you feel well soon.

Just B.S., a run and Chinese food sounds perfect.

Kay, yikes! Is there a walking clinic anywhere near you? If it's feeling worse, have it checked!

Robert31320

Team TJ

A great, short run to end the year. Finished with 67.5 miles for December (a PR)
          and 604 miles total for 2012. Looking forward to 2013!

For your listening pleasure, the last song I ran to in 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGhtn5_lGIk

Y'all come see us!

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

Hi Dailies and Happy Last Day of 2012.

Kay, hope your foot is nothing serious.

Tom, Dave, and anyone else racing/running, have fun! I'll be thinking of running/racing while I am working tonight.

Beth, sounds like a bunch of shoveling on the agenda. Enjoy your miles. Don't think I'll ever have the chance to run on snow.

I'm looking for 7 or so later. My last 2 runs, I've had some knee pain, so not sure how this will go.

CrisRuns

7:12 Am and 34 posts? I will never keep up. Anyway, skiing and traveling back home.

be well and have a good day,

Cris

Robert31320

Team TJ

Kay, hope your foot is not serious.  I've had that type pain and found that resting it worked for me.  I did narrow mine down to a particular pair of shoes, lighter ones that I had run quite a bit in.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the monthly PR!

A great, short run to end the year. Finished with 67.5 miles for December (a PR)
                  and 604 miles total for 2012. Looking forward to 2013!

For your listening pleasure, the last song I ran to in 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGhtn5_lGIk

Y'all come see us!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kristin, I've been wearing the same shoes since I started in July.

Rick, one of the reasons I chose this shoe is because it's so light weight and flexible.  Do you think I might need more arch support?  Would that cause pain on the top of my foot?

Oops!  Must have been thinking of someone else.  Have you iced and ibuprofined?

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! SRD. I'll probably do some foam rolling.  I had this "thing" for December to do SOMETHING every day. When I didn't run, I would do strengthening and I even foam rolled as I was heading to bed a few days (even on Christmas at 10:00 pm when I'd had a crazy busy nonstop day). So, I need to do something today to finish off the month.

I ended up with just over 1,005 miles for the year and 103 miles for the month, which was a monthly  miles PR. Crazy since I'm not even training for anything; I'm in maintenance mode until January 28.

Kay, do you think you tied your shoe too tight? I get a weird sharp top o' the foot pain sometimes when I accidentally tie my shoe too tight. A day of rest fixes it.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I can't access the forums either. I wanted to wish Mike a Happy New Year. Guess I'll have to e-mail him...

I couldn't get on there either. Totally different, very slow (not unusual, I suppose). I also wanted to wish Mike a Happy New Year and say "hi" to a few others there. Looks like RWOL is hosed up again!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hi Dailies and Happy Last Day of 2012.

Kay, hope your foot is nothing serious.

Tom, Dave, and anyone else racing/running, have fun! I'll be thinking of running/racing while I am working tonight.

Beth, sounds like a bunch of shoveling on the agenda. Enjoy your miles. Don't think I'll ever have the chance to run on snow.

I'm looking for 7 or so later. My last 2 runs, I've had some knee pain, so not sure how this will go.

Happy New Year, Mitch. Even if you have to work (I get to work Christmas and New Years next year).

Last time I ran in the snow, I was a meter reader and a dog was chasing me! That was way back in the dark ages.

Hope that the knee doesn't act up on you today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

CrisRuns

Good luck with the foot, Kay!

Docket_Rocket

If you';re in the FB group, you can wish him Happy New Year there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page