Beginners and Beyond

What's for dessert? (Read 90 times)

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

It's my son's 6th birthday tomorrow. He and I just made chocolate wacky cake cupcakes with chocolate chips in them. He wanted strawberry frosting. I didn't want to go artificial on the strawberry so I tried a frosting recipe that has you puree strawberries, then cook it down to syrup before putting it in the frosting. I could pretty much eat the whole vat of icing. SO GOOD! I may have one of those tonight, but I need to make sure I save enough for his class tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will be making a strawberry cake and an orange cake. Requested by the birthday boy. They will be frosted in a light whipped cream frosting and then turned into a monster truck arena. I'll also make orange/white chocolate/cranberry scones for the grown ups. I think it will be a sugar fest around here for a few days!

Chocolate/hazelnut cupcake

Awesome psychedelic cake made by DW & DD for the school carnival. (It's multi-colored on the inside too.)

Dave

Little Blue

Thin Mints.  One more box of Girl Scout cookies left. Sad

@ ernsm1th :  that picture makes my teeth hurt.  I agree, she's trying to kill you.

Rondog65

Rumor had it that our local DQ was opening today for the new season!!  So my daughter and I headed out in the storm take part in a season opening Blizzard!!  Damn rumors, not open yet, we were so close to being fat and happy, have to wait a couple more days.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Tagalongs and Trefoils  Blush

RSX

Girl scout cookies, samoas, my favorite. Smile

I keep forgetting that my Girl Scout cookies (thin mint) are in the fridge. I bought them at a race expo of all places.

Just B.S.

Could pass all them up without blinking. Last time I had cake or squares was Christmas.

I'm a salt girl. A good bag of flavored potato chips any time over something sugary.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Camels!

Isn't that what you have to get to move across the dessert?  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Camels!

Isn't that what you have to get to move across the dessert?  Wink

Oh I though you meant that for dessert, you smoke a pack of Camels.

Dave