Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : I Finally Got My Long Awaited Raise At Work, And... (Read 96 times)

delicate flower

I got as much work done today as I do in a week at the office.  Not the best way to spend a Sunday, but ya do what ya gotta do.  Now I can watch the late football game today guilt free.

52 minute spin session with the wife this morning.  Damn good workout, especially if the sweat was any indication.  My knee hasn't been happy today though!

Fish taco night!

<3

notimeforthat

2 hour trainer ride followed immediately by 1.75 miles at 9:41...My legs were shot to hell after cleaning and riding.

Zelanie

Basya- Thank you!

So I'm a Runner- Glad to hear that you liked them!

Docket_Rocket

5 miles done.  After going house hunting and eating a huge sundae at Jaxson's in Hollywood.  Good thing I didn't order the Kitchen Sink or I'll still be working on it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Fantastic run today, 15.1 miles @ 8:09/mile around the lake, not a peep out of my ITB.  I'm wondering now if the issue is road camber.  I was fine on the treadmill, and fine today on a dirt trail.  But most of my running is on the road, and I always run facing traffic, so my right leg gets the brunt of the camber, and that's the one giving me problems.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

took the day off.....not sure what I did to the knee, hopefully a couple days shoe the slow short runs it'll be better. I did get the Garmin FR10 today, can't wait to give it a spin.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

B-Plus

HI Dailies,

I've been a bit MIA for a few days but I've still been running. I had my alarm set for 4:45 everyday this week, but went back to sleep everyday lol. I'll try to get in at least a few doubles this coming week.

I got in 7.6 @ 8:02 today to finish the week out at 68.2 miles.

@runjerseygirl

Fantastic run today, 15.1 miles @ 8:09/mile around the lake, not a peep out of my ITB.  I'm wondering now if the issue is road camber.  I was fine on the treadmill, and fine today on a dirt trail.  But most of my running is on the road, and I always run facing traffic, so my right leg gets the brunt of the camber, and that's the one giving me problems.

I find that sometimes I have an issue with my ankles feeling fatigued because if this. I'm no expert, but I would imagine that it could have some sort of effect on your IT band.

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

I just finished up 2.5 quick miles to finish the week north of 20 miles for the 2nd consecutive week (first time ever).

Running for TJ because he can't.

10.3 easy pace

SIAR, thank you for the compliment. That's very sweet. At times, it's difficult, but, because I believe that weight training and ab work has helped keep me injury free and progress in running more quickly, I keep at it.

<low wolf whistle> scrape, nine miles at a 7:34 easy pace is niiiiiiice.

Mitch, great job with the 6.56. You'll get there. It's amazing how complexly and wonderfully adaptable the human body is.

buchy2009, beautiful work with yesterday's long run and today's recovery run. I'm looking forward to weather such as yours making it's way to where I am.

Great workout, Baboon. Fish tacos are appropriate recovery food, yumSmile

Damn, AI, you rode for two hours and ran 1.75 miles after cleaning 3,000 square feet o'house? Are you a machine? How did you manage all that?

Damaris, great recovery run.

Dave, I'm happy that you were able to run 15.1 so comfortably.

Scott, I hope that resting takes care I the knee problem.

B-Plus, wonderful run, fantastic pace.

Robert, congratulations on another 20-mile-plus week.

Fuzzy, excellent easy run.

Legs and abs are done. I'm off to bed, even if only to keep myself from eating everything in my vicinity. Good night!

notimeforthat

Basya,

I am, in fact, a machine.

Kidding. You do what ya gotta do. Thank goodness it wasn't a hard effort ride or I would have died.