Beginners and Beyond

Candy! Candy! Candy! Friday Penguins! (Read 25 times)

hog4life

So Wed. my wife's boss came in to her office and tolder her that if she could avg 200k a day in perscriptions that he would write her a 1k check. Her department had already pulled 217k mon, and 212k tues, they were just shy of the 200k mark wed and thurs. However, she walked into her office and saw lying on her desk an envelope with a sticky note attached.

Ash,

You missed it by just a wee bit, but you deserve this anways.

Inside was a 1k check! This helps us out so much and will easily cover our daughter B'day and Christmas in Dec. She really does work for an awesome company.

In other news...

So post-race events tomorrow are going to consist of Japanese Steak House followed by taking EK to the movies. We are going to watch Free Birds.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!

Singer who runs a smidge

Nice unexpected windfall!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Afternoon everyone!

Jimmy-- sounds like you had a great, carb loading night last night!  Good luck with your 10k tomorrow.  OMGosh @ your wife's windfall, well an earned one anyway.  That's awesome!  Enjoy your steak and movie tomorrow.

Margo-- hi.  Tapering is a challenging, time for me to watch what I eat.  Your race with your HS friends is in 2 weeks?

PAD-- love your view!

Zelanie-- I never doubt your ability to do anything you set your mind to.  You're one of role models on here.

Hi Obie and Bin!

Jack-- no tripping in the dark!

Mitch-- $60 off a pair of shoes?  That's quite awesome.  Good luck with your miles also.

Jerry-- hey!  Good job on the wet leaf run.  I don't have a Spibelt, but I do like to carry a pouch at my races, so I can call DH if I can't find him at the end.  Plus its nice to have a ID and $$ for beer or soda if you want one afterwards.

I did 12 with 5/6ish at MP.  Was a decent run on a pretty day.  Last night they had a Halloween showing of Ender's Game at the theater.  It was super good, I thought.  One of the better movies I've seen for quite a while, which is weird because i usually am not that taken with movies that are mostly about children.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

The marathon relay with my HS friends was two weeks ago. I didn't bother with a race report because I just ran my portion as a tempo run. The main event was connecting with old friends.

I get to taper for a HM on Nov. 16. It's probably a bit wimpy to do a two week taper for an HM, but I'm doing it for three reasons:

1.  A half marathon is a big deal to me. I know it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's a big deal for me.

2.  I've been following a 20-week plan to for this. The plan has a two week taper.  I've followed the plan for this long, no sense in going renegade now.

3.  I've been working at this for 18 weeks. I earned this taper, dammit!  I get to run lower mileage and eat and sleep, but it's what the plan says so I have to do it.   No feeling guilty about low-mileage weeks. Did I mention I earned this taper?  It might just be the favorite part of my plan.

Margo-- hi.  Tapering is a challenging, time for me to watch what I eat.  Your race with your HS friends is in 2 weeks?

SheCan

The marathon relay with my HS friends was two weeks ago. I didn't bother with a race report because I just ran my portion as a tempo run. The main event was connecting with old friends.

I get to taper for a HM on Nov. 16. It's probably a bit wimpy to do a two week taper for an HM, but I'm doing it for three reasons:

1.  A half marathon is a big deal to me. I know it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's a big deal for me.

2.  I've been following a 20-week plan to for this. The plan has a two week taper.  I've followed the plan for this long, no sense in going renegade now.

3.  I've been working at this for 18 weeks. I earned this taper, dammit!  I get to run lower mileage and eat and sleep, but it's what the plan says so I have to do it.   No feeling guilty about low-mileage weeks. Did I mention I earned this taper?  It might just be the favorite part of my plan.

Ahhhh, I see.  I was pretty busy a couple of weeks ago.  I probably missed you saying that you ran the marathon relay already.  I hope it was fun, especially seeing old friends.  How'd your team end up doing?

Running a half marathon is a big deal, especially considering the work that must go into it to do your best.  I'm like you, in that I look forward to the taper.  I'm always worn out after following a plan for so long.  My main problems with it, are struggling with over-eating during it, and taper madness (probably because I'm already a little "off" anyway.)  Hopefully that won't be an issue with you!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

Jimmy--woohoo for the extra $!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Packet picked up, dinner consumed, feet up.  Everybody here has a Boston jacket.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

How do you like the Spibelt? I am thinking about getting one so I can carry my phone with me on my runs. I hate the arm bands.

I have both the Spibelt and Amphipod microbelts. The Spibelt pouch is a little smaller, but the strap seems a little more sturdy than the Amphipod's and the Spibelt gets a little tighter on my skinny waist. They both will hold an average phone.  The add on pouch was a "large" Amphipod and I tried it with the phone.  It bounced a little too much but it was okay when I shifted the pouch a little toward my side.  I normally use the Spibelt to hold ID's and keys for daily runs.  The add on is for races and long runs when I might want to take some food or a camera.  I also tried to add the Amphipod small water bottle holder, but it bounces too much on either belt.  I'd rather just carry a bottle with a big wristband wrapped around the bottle.