Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 58 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kay are you having ITB issues now?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

Kay are you having ITB issues now?

Seems that way.  I think it all started because I was favoring my foot.

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sad

Seems that way.  I think it all started because I was favoring my foot.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Latte for me please.  With soy.  And Caramel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the Morning, Dailies, and happy Saturday!!

First of all, Kay, I'll have the half-caf if you care to dispense a cup for me. Half teaspoon of sugar and a splash of milk, please!

RMT3B - I saw your lightning-quick run yesterday and failed to comment. Great speed. Could you sell me some of that swiftness, please?!

Best of luck to all the racers today!

It's a bit chilly out right now, so I'll probably delay my run to around noon or so. No use freezing to death if I don't need to do so. Actually, I'm able to dress for the cold, but I just don't want to jump out there too soon and spoil the fun of procrastinating.  4 miles or so on tap, hopefully with a couple of intervals thrown in. I definitely need to get some varying speed into my workouts - I'm starting to go "bland" with my runs, always seeming to achieve the same pace at something like marathon pace. That's too fast for an easy run. Got to clean up the rheostat so I can adjust my speed better.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Shari, I like looney tunes classics.

Hey D!

Ma, 200's at "R" pace.  Glad to see you running so well, and so flippin' fast!  Try to stick to the schedule though, Daniels says it's important that we resist the temptation to kick a fool in the ass, when we were not planning on it.  Ha-ha, love ya!  Wink

Dave, check with Oakland Community College.  There's a campus in Farmington Hills down on 12 mile and Orchard Lake, and one in Rochester over on Hall Road.

Kay, ITBS?  That doesn't sound right.  Your first experience with knee pain came on the treadmill no?

Robin and Spark, good luck on your runs!

Supp to everyone else!

@runjerseygirl

Kay, ITBS?  That doesn't sound right.  Your first experience with knee pain came on the treadmill no?

First ever IT pain was on the road.  First 5 miler.  Nothing then until I started running after my foot issue.  Then most of it was on/after the treadmill.  Last weekend my knee felt a little sore after my run, but I rolled and stretched a lot afterwards.  I've been pain-free all week until today.  It's a sharp stabbing pain, right on the outside part of my knee.

Do you even run?

LRB

First ever IT pain was on the road.  First 5 miler.  Nothing then until I started running after my foot issue.  Then most of it was on/after the treadmill.  Last weekend my knee felt a little sore after my run, but I rolled and stretched a lot afterwards.  I've been pain-free all week until today.  It's a sharp stabbing pain, right on the outside part of my knee.

Dang.  Let's talk about your new shoes, stability or neutral?  I seem to remember you saying you overpronated slightly or had high arches?

Docket_Rocket

Boo.  Hope it goes away soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

alexis_run_nky

GOOD MORNING DAILIES!

Since no running is on the agenda now, I am bored out of my mind this morning.  I am making a cinnamon and apple oatmeal bake.  I hope it turns out good.  I am going to do some cross training later (the LiveFit program from bodybuilding.com).  It is hard stuff I've been doing it all week!  Hope everyone has a great day!

--Alexis

@runjerseygirl

Dang.  Let's talk about your new shoes, stability or neutral?  I seem to remember you saying you overpronated slightly or had high arches?

High arches, mild overpronation, neutral shoes.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

With that, I would do support shoes, not neutral.  Neutral might not be good for mild overpronators.  I have light pronation and I use neutral AND support.

High arches, mild overpronation, neutral shoes.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

With that, I would do support shoes, not neutral.  Neutral might not be good for mild overpronators.  I have light pronation and I use neutral AND support.

The woman at RR didn't seem to think I needed stability, but they have shoes they put in the "neutral plus" category which has a little more support than neutral, but not as much as stability.  I'm thinking that might be what I need.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

I can get away with that but my pronation is very light.  You might be more than mild if all these neutrals keep giving you issues.

The woman at RR didn't seem to think I needed stability, but they have shoes they put in the "neutral plus" category which has a little more support than neutral, but not as much as stability.  I'm thinking that might be what I need.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I personally would try full stability.  You can always run yourself back into a light stability or even a neutral shoe with stability orthotics.  This is obviously just my opinion, but I experienced ITB issues at about the same point as you; 7 to 8 months into my first year of running.

Sure, stability shoes carry a little more weight, but right now, your running health is more important.