Beginners and Beyond

I Went for a Run (Read 94 times)

happylily

Running is whatever we want it to be. It's not only one thing. To me, happy running is spontaneous running. Often, training prevents me from being spontaneous. But sometimes, especially in the summer, I run on peaceful country roads and I keep my eyes open for the little snakes and red foxes I meet, and the occasional farmer on his tractor who waves at me. The garmin loses its importance and it becomes all about the road and freedom. I'm glad you wrote this so beautifully, Rick. It made me long for my country road.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

No more marathons

Great Read LRB - normally a post like that would be TLDR - but once started there was no inclination to just skim the words.  Thanks for a great wake up post.

Runs from my house have about 2 miles and a hill before I reach much civilization, so I get this experience alot - perhaps too much and no longer appreciate it.  Thanks for the reminder to see the world around us.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

You actually show good ability to run and take pictures along the way.  Perfect training for the Disney Marathon.  You can still sign up for the January 2015 race, that would be perfect for you and the grandkids.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, 3 vehicles on the road at the same time in that one photo...you hit a local traffic rush at that point, LRB! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

You actually show good ability to run and take pictures along the way.  Perfect training for the Disney Marathon.  You can still sign up for the January 2015 race, that would be perfect for you and the grandkids.

lol - that would require me to run with my phone, something I have not done a single time since I became a runner.  No reason in particular, I just have not.

on my way to badass

My runs are always like this. Sometimes when I drive to civilization I envy the runners with sidewalks. Today I saw a bear on my run.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

#artbydmcbride

"......make a change be it ditching the ....., the knee length shorts .......; I charge forward and never look back..."

Sounds like a wonderful run!

Runners run

LRB

lol

SheCan

What a nice post.  I guess I never quite realized what a city boy you were.   I'm glad you were able to experience a different kind of run.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Pinktastic

Wow!  This looks like an awesome place to run!   Glad you took advantage of the opportunity, Rick!  Thanks for sharing!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Perhaps you'd be less fearful of running on roads if you didn't spend so much time on the double yellow line.

LOL, good one!

I looks really nice! Great run Rick! We all could use those.

- Andrew