Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins Slept Like A Rock! (Read 28 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

A nice peaceful nights sleep after my 5 mile run! My daily runs are getting longer! Speedwork tonight - 4x800's.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I have a long drive ahead of me today, but last night's run went well.

Gustav.  What did you sing last night?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Morning, guys!

gustav, enjoy the repeat.

Awood, stay away from the ditch.

Holiday is so good! Ran 9easy miles at tea time.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Who slept like a rock?  Not me!

5 recovery miles and weights.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My IT band was still feeling not quite right by the time I went to bed so I'm taking another running rest day and instead hip exercises and stretching. It's race week....being super cautious. Back to work today Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Good morning P's!

I was sleeping well until a cramp in the arch of my foot woke me up.  It was a doozy....my foot is sore this morning.  If it's still sore tonight I'll take an URD -- no sense limping through a run.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

rest day for me today after 4 days running in a row.   Shhh, don't tell my doctor about the 4 days in a row....

Good luck with the speedwork, Gustav!   I wish I had slept like a rock.  We got thunder and lightning that rolled in around 1 a.m. or so.   Unfortunately, the rain did not amount to much, so San Antonio is still in bad need of the wet stuff or we will have some serious water restrictions coming up for this summer.

Wishing you a safe driving trip, Awood!

9 miles at 'tea time', lol, Bin.  And did you have tea after you finished?  I get this mental image of you running, holding a teacup with your pinky finger stuck out.

Good luck with the run, Damaris.  And that humidity I see on Weather Channel that Miami is getting.

Hope the IT band feels better for you, Kristin.

Sorry about the foot cramp and soreness, Margo, hope that goes away quickly.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Awood - it was a new place so I only did one song to get a feel for the environment. I did "T for Texas". Oh wait, I actually did another song - we went with another couple and our friend put us in as a "group" to sing "Rock and Roll All Night" by Kiss. We all had dressed up as Kiss for a Halloween party and this DJ was there.

Philliefan - could you have "Pooh trail arch syndrome"?

Damaris - hopefully Trixie slept thru the night :-) How is kitty doing?

Philliefan33

Philliefan - could you have "Pooh trail arch syndrome"?

Haha -- that might be!  PTAS is a little-known disease that affects a small number of runners that follow a trail of whimsy...

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I haven't slept like a rock in a long time -- too much going on, I guess.  Maybe after competition!  I brought my swim stuff in, so I'll either swim or walk today, depending on what I want to do.  I bailed on my walk yesterday pretty much out of laziness, doh!  It doesn't help that I'm still battling remants of The Cold From Hell, either.  Folks around here are saying it takes 1-2 months to get over it.  I'm working on about six weeks now.  No meds, just lots of Kleenexes.

Gustav -- have fun with the speedwork!!

Awood -- hope the drive goes quickly!!

Bin -- glad you're enjoying your holiday!!

Docket -- hope your miles and weights go well!!

kristin -- supercautious is not a bad thing!

Phillie -- I bet that was really annoying!  The Pooh trail sounded fun!

scottydawg -- go easy on yourself, or we will rat you out!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Penguins.  We both worked out at our health clubs and now we will take a short run.  Early flight tomorrow.  Suffering severe case of over-confidence on the expected PR.

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  I am slowly getting caught up on things here.  And last night was the first night I got an entire night's sleep in my bed in a week.  Hooray!

Yesterday I was supposed to run 6.5, with 3 x 1 mi. at my "old" 10K pace.  But midway through my second fast mile, my hip started feeling really tight and sore.  I had actually felt the same thing towards the end of my run last Saturday, but didn't think too much of it since Sunday's run went fine.  So yesterday, I finished the second fast mile, just a tad slower than planned, and didn't run the third one.  I did jog back home at recovery pace, so I still got all the miles in.

I'm thinking it is just too much walking around in high heels, and not enough stretching, rolling, and sleep since I've been away.  I rolled the heck out of it when I got home and I'm hoping that will do the trick.  I have 4.5 easy planned today and am hoping that goes well.

Gustav- I knew you dressed up like KISS since you have your Halloween photo in your avatar!

Awood- Glad the run went well.  Hoping for an uneventful drive!

Bin- Glad you are getting a bit of a break!

D- Hope the recovery miles go well!

kristin- Enjoy the RD.  I am sure you will be fine. Smile

Margo- Hope the foot feels better!

Scotty- Enjoy the RD!

Zelanie

HsM- That's a long time to have a cold!  I am hoping you can put it completely behind you soon!

Jerry- So excited for you!  Your day is coming!  Are you going to run with DW or at your own paces?

Singer who runs a smidge

Just found out that our state income tax refund got deposited last night.  They say you should fix your withholding so that you're not either paying much or getting much back.  But for me, it's sort of like our Christmas club account -- we put money away a little each month, and then it gets dumped into our account in a lump sum once a year.  If I had that money each month, I'd spend it and never know where it went.  This way it's like I'm saving for major things, like travel, fixing up the house, etc.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.