Beginners and Beyond

RR travel question (Read 130 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Dumb question; why not pack them in your checked luggage?

Sometimes that winds up on another continent than you.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Mostly harmless

Gu shouldn't be a problem to bring in your carry on but the expo at Shamrock is huge.  Last year they had a shit ton of vendors.  I have no doubt that you'll be able to find Gu (cheap) at the expo in the flavor you prefer.

I wish I was running Shamrock again. I had to change plans and run Rock n Roll DC instead.  I'm sure DC will be fun, but VA Beach is a great course to PR on.  Good luck!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always carry them with my other gels and liquids and never had a problem.

LRB, I wouldn't carry them with the checked luggage.  FIrst, the luggage might be lost and depending on the location, I might not get the gel that I want to substitute.  Second, the only time I put some gels on my luggage, they exploded.

Damaris

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

I always carry them with my other gels and liquids and never had a problem.

LRB, I wouldn't carry them with the checked luggage.  FIrst, the luggage might be lost and depending on the location, I might not get the gel that I want to substitute.  Second, the only time I put some gels on my luggage, they exploded.

Damn, that must have been a hell of a mess to clean up.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fortunately, they were in a plastic bag.  Unfortunately, they didn't have crank e-gels where I was going.

Damn, that must have been a hell of a mess to clean up.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

slowrunningjulie

I am not checking any luggage. I will be there for a day and a half and am going by myself. Carry-on all the way!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

xor

Specific to the cumulative weight... that doesn't matter.  As long as individual packs and bottles are less than 3oz AND all of them fit in one quart-sized baggie, the thing can weigh as much as the sun.  It doesn't matter.  Seriously, I have stuffed 20-30 gels in a quart bag (for an ultra).  They didn't care.

Also, about 75% of the time that I've "accidentally" left them in my carry-on w/o pulling out the baggie, they didn't even notice.  I'm not suggesting that, btw.