Beginners and Beyond

Simple Saturdailies (Read 49 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hello again, having time to do more than a flyby is so nice!

Marjorie - I'm also really good at car tetris. I've never had anything but coupes. I can get two bikes in my car. DH was amazed I could get all our luggage in just the trunk when we vacationed. Big grin

LRB - I'll post on your RR thread too, but way to kick some ass on that 5k!

flarunner - nice 10 and hope you picked up something yummy at the grocery store.

MBC - I'm also stoked about the long weekend. We have a list, but at the top of it was sleeping in. It was glorious.

Shari - Enjoy your time with DS on the farm and I hope you enjoy your race tomorrow!

SUS - best of luck during your training cycle!

DaveP - Glad you got to enjoy the weather and that the dog didn't take you out.

BruceD - Hope you enjoyed the recovery miles and I'm glad you were able to escape the little yipper.

Oski - Congrats on your AG win!

Scotty - Stay dry and I hope your night race isn't cancelled. It sounds fun.

Baboon - Sounds like your "good" leg might have some catching up to do! Hope you've enjoyed your day.

DR - Sorry the weather is so gross down your way. Enjoy your dinner with friends!

outoftheblue - Sounds like a great run!

Brrrrrrr - I notice the speeding up phenomenon a lot in other runners. I usually just let folks go by and try to keep my pace. I'll vary a bit though to keep from running with someone. That is so awkward! Happy birthday to DD!

Zelanie - Enjoy that hike!

Sparker - Hope the weather cooperated with your 3 miles and your yard work.

Ric-G - Nice run and hope you enjoyed the hike and have fun tonight!

Scap - Sounds like you'll have a yummy weekend and your run sounded really fun despite the cold.

SIAR - Kudos on getting the miles in, even when they're nothing special.

Rondog - Best of luck tomorrow!

D2 - Congrats on your PR!

jjs22 - I know the OOG feeling all too well. Heat, well more so humidity, and I are not good friends. It's especially hard when the weather first warms up. I hope the evening treats you better!

AmiK - Will be thinking of you as you wait for answers. In the meantime, enjoy Chicago. If you can't run, there sure is some amazing eating and drinking to be enjoyed there!

I enjoyed 4 lovely miles along the riverfront earlier today. DH did his run/walk thing while I did my thing. We finally have a weekend that is not a monsoon and temps that are enjoyable when it is not raining. It's a miracle. The forecast is for a couple of more nice days, and then the furnace will crank back up next week. At least we'll get a couple of nice days in. Our front yard looks respectable now. The back will be tackled tomorrow and Monday.

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy Chicago and good luck with your MRI!

Congrats Oski and Dave!!  Had my second MRI today (with a wicked hangover...DO NOT recommend!).  Won't know anything for a couple weeks as my ortho and I are both going out of town.  We are leaving tomorrow to spend the week in Chicago so I probably won't be around for a bit...had to promise not to do any sort of exercise involving the lower body so can't run anyway.  Was really hoping to enjoy running a bit along the Chicago lakeshore but I guess not.  Oh well...I will just eat and drink a bunch instead!!  Hope you all have great runs this week!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp Crew!

MBC, that was hilarious!

Hi Flo!

Good luck tomorrow Shari!

Hello D!

Congrats O, you are definitely trending in the right direction!  Way to get on up and out there in less than ideal conditions.

Dave, you should change your screen name to D to the PR!

Ami, going out of town is the best thing that could happen to your stubborn butt, enjoy!

Boonie Boon, Cafe Americano rocks!  Sometimes I will get a double.

Supp Bruce, Scotty, Brrr, Blue, April, Spark, Zel, jjs, Ric, Scap, SIAR, Legs78, DaveP, Ron, and Beth Baby!

I am leaving town tomorrow and have about 19 million things I absolutely must do, none of which will get done!   And you know what?  I do not care, which is why I am drinking wine right now and probably missed 10 people in my personals!

Carry on.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

WTG Oski and Dave

mulch done. 88 cu ft. All spread. Trimming done weeding done. Other house stuff done too. Busy day.

Did have one guy helping load not believe I could get that many bags in my car. I assured him I can fit 25 so the last trip getting 13 was not an issue.

Marjorie

LRB

Did have one guy helping load not believe I could get that many bags in my car. I assured him I can fit 25 so the last trip getting 13 was not an issue.

I am sure the second time around he was telling the rest of the help you meant business and to get out of your way lol!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pretty much yep.

Marjorie

Ball of Fury

LRB you are soooo right!!  I would like the record to reflect that DH just told me he would like to run while we are in Chicago but he was afraid to "ask me."  I told him (a little drunkenly but I should remember) that he better get his ass out there and run for the both of us!!  I also told him I fully expect him to start our marathon training program July 1st, no matter what is going on with me!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

delicate flower

Good day today chumming around with the wife.  We met AG Winner Oski and Mr. Oski for Mexican dinner and Star Trek Into Darkness.  Good times.  That was an excellent movie, btw.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good day today chumming around with the wife.  We met AG Winner Oski and Mr. Oski for Mexican dinner and Star Trek Into Darkness.  Good times.  That was an excellent movie, btw.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw it today too and also enjoyed it. First Iron Man 3, now Star Trek... We tend to watch movies on the same day, apparently.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Late post, but it's been a longish day. 13 hours at the office, but I still managed to squeeze in 3 after work. Nothing exciting - my ambition level is a little low after working a day shift, but then again, the day was very quiet so I'm not too messed up.

I get to sleep in to 04:45 tomorrow - an extra hour! I traded working an extra hour today for sleeping in an hour tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd be in bed already.

Best of luck to the racers this weekend, and I hope all of today's racers did well. I apologize for not reading the whole thread, because I know that there's a lot there to read. Just running out of hours, that's all...

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

I saw it today too and also enjoyed it. First Iron Man 3, now Star Trek... We tend to watch movies on the same day, apparently.

Some good trailers preceded both movies.  I'm looking forward to Man of Steel.  When I first heard about it, I thought "Joy...another Superman movie."  But the trailer looks very promising.

<3

Docket_Rocket

I liked both movies.

We saw Fast 6 today too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sup dailies.  I ran 14.2 today with a friend who was running his age in miles for his birthday (47). I ran the first 14 with him. It was a perfect day for it. Could not ask for better weather.

Hi dailies:

Schnauzer and C0de making appearances, nice!

13.8 on an evening just warm enough to stick with shorts and a tee.  GMP plus :20, with some deer showing me how to really run.