Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies are livin' large and lovin' life. (Read 222 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies!

Last night shift tonight, and I'm glad. Suffice to say that I'll be happy to enjoy a couple of days away from that place.

SRD for me today - I want to push out some speed work tomorrow and I want fresh legs for that. I've been hitting them every day for the last 6 days and there's some DOMS hanging around in various muscles.

Coffee's done and I'm having a cup or two. Dark French Roast cut with some decaf beans, and flavored with a dash of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi Runners.  It was raining when I got home from church, so I decided just to hit the TM.  Even though yesterday's half wasn't a race pace, I didn't want to risk my immune system being weakened from the effort yesterday and then running out in the rain today.  I ran for 60 minutes, so I'll just call it 6 miles and be done with it.  I really suspect if was a few more (there's no way my TM calibration is right), but I already did more miles than I needed for the week so I don't mind.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I took my new garmin 410 for a 2 mile walk and let me tell you, I wanted to take off running soooooo freaking bad!

I am still learning how to operate it, but this thing is the coolest little trinket I've had since my first cell phone back in '95!

I came in and hopped on the elliptical for 60 smooth minutes for a combined workout of 96 minutes. 

Today was a good day!  =:-D

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Lori! Good to see you! How have you been?

Hi Cris. I have been ok. Still slogging out there. I have missed you. Had I known you were on these forums I would have joined long ago (I already had an account)

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Shakedown Street

6mile easy with three hill repeats to break boring up.

cooking chili for lunch even though its 80 out

might go out for 30 or so on the bike in the pm...depends if the kids let me nap

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

workinprogress11

I hope all the racers did well.  I'm sure they are done by now since I was a slug and didn't get out of bed until 10.

I did 7 miles that I think were slightly below tempo pace, but don't know for sure since my Garmin is being a grouch and doesn't want to sync up at the moment. 

CrisRuns

Hi Cris. I have been ok. Still slogging out there. I have missed you. Had I known you were on these forums I would have joined long ago (I already had an account)

I just joined recently. I am part of the big exodus. I am hoping to start running sometimes in the near future. That's why I am posting again.

runmomto3boys

20 miles done at 8:44 pace. 80.3 miles in for the week.  I will check back in later for personals!

Samurai in Training

20 miles done at 8:44 pace. 80.3 miles in for the week.  I will check back in later for personals!

Great run Heidi... for trashed legs.  

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

The streak is alive!!!

Couldn't resist - 2 miles on the treadmill just to keep it going. 10:00 pace. Very easy run for the sole purpose of keeping the streak going (even though I'm not in the contest).

I'm seeing a lot of good runs out there - can't wait to read some race reports as well.

Hey everyone,

Only had time for a 5.25, expecting some beautiful weather the next few days and I'm off, going to take advantage of that.

runmomto3boys

Eddie: Thanks!  I really am pooped, though.  I'm taking the end of this upcoming week off to recharge.  Nice work getting in the gym stuff + a run today - productive day!

Tom: Nice work on the streak!!!  You pushed through and got it done - impressive!!!

LRB: Congratulations on your shiny new Garmin!  It is just the best, isn't it???  It's a life changer sort of buy!  I'm so bummed you can't run with it quite yet, but soon enough.  Now tell me, what did you decide to do about the yoga?  You better be all in!

SIAR: Nice work pounding out the TM run today.  It was quite a week for you!

Jneilt: Great job on the 6 easy miles today.  I'm not sure I approve of the chili in 80 degree weather, though - hehe!!!

Work in Progress: Ohhhh, 7 fast miles?  That's a great Sunday run!  What's next for you?  Are you going to run a Spring full???

Irish:  Way to sneak in those miles, when you could today!  Well done!

Sarah:  Tell me about your hockey stuff: do you play on a league year round??  I think it's so cool that you play!  I hope the knee is OK and that you get in your 6-8 w/o issue.

CrisRuns: Hi!   Great to see you in the dailies!  I hope the biking went well today. 

Adam: It sounds like you might be due for a couple of days off.  Enjoy!

Lilac: Ohhh, man: that is how you DO a RD!  Well done!!!  It sounds wonderful!!

Purple Toes: I hope the 5 go well! 

Lori: Nice working knocking out the 5K today!

Flippy: Way to get in those recovery miles!!!

EarthtoKarmen: Pumpkin smoothie?  Gingerbread house???  Trails and time with the kiddo?   What a great day!

Basya: LR pace PB today?!?!?!  WOOT!  THAT IS AWESOME!  Congrats!!!!

Andrew: That happens to me after speed work - it takes me awhile to recuperate.  Way to push through!

Makk: Ohhhh, how FUN!  I can't wait to hear how the race went!

Ruby Baby: What a run!  Great work on the 8!!!

Kay: Congratulations on hitting a new distance PB!  That's HUGE!!!  Bravo!

Gustav: Nice job on the gym work out.  That ice cream sounds FAB!  Dessert first?  So fun!

Phil: Well, how the heck did the 5K go?????  You haven't checked back in!  ETA: I saw it on FB - :high freaking FIVE!:

Mmmmm...beer

10 miles @ 7:58/mile, not the long run I wanted, but it'll do.  I'll do my 20+ next weekend.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Anxiously awaiting a report from Damaris - ......

Interested in seeing just how Vegas went.

Jess runs for bacon

Anxiously awaiting a report from Damaris - ......

Interested in seeing just how Vegas went.

Me too.