Beginners and Beyond

It's Finally Friday, Penguins! (Read 27 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

N-Bug - Sounds like you're pretty excited about this interview.  Good luck with that.  I could tell you to relax, you got this, etc...but you've probably already told yourself that 100 times.  Hopefully, a run will help you clear your head and work out some nervous energy.

Gustav - Maybe you can karaoke from a stool, and rest your scrambled legs :-)

Bin - I feel much calmer when I have a clean house, and reduce my clutter through donation.  Sounds like a good idea.  Most of my clothes are too big now.  Maybe I should donate them, and buy some new ones.

Kristin - Enjoy whichever workout takes place.  Sounds like you're pretty dedicated, and well prepared.

Jerry - Be careful with that speed to and from the car.  It can get slippery out there.

Docket - Can you run a few miles for me while you're at it.  This is my upper body and core day, but I'd rather be running.

RickDecker - Welcome to the igloo!

Scotty - I keep hearing people talk about "singlets", and I've never asked about it.  I wrestled from elementary school to college.  So, my idea of a singlet must be different.  What's a running singlet?

Mitch - Yeah, your avi is gone.  Pictures are a little weird over here.  I'm not sure how to help with that.

Lauren - The only advice I can give is to be patient.  I hope your return is a highly successful one.

Zel - I'll try to set the bar high!

Hopesmom - I wouldn't mind forgetting some things now and then, but only if I could choose what to forget.

Jack - What if I told you that I had a 6 week program?  Just playin'!  It reminds me of the 8 minute abs, 6 minute abs, 5 minute abs battle.

Ginny - I prefer outside, but I'm getting better at the treadmill.  There are days when it seems to be a necessity.

Dave - LOL...windy run, or fresh baked cookies...hhhmmm.  The thought of the cookies waiting at home may have gotten you to run even faster.

AFM, I have a 14 mile run with some tempo bouts in it tomorrow, and it's going to be snowing and about 20 degrees.  Yeah, I'll try to run that as fast as I can...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Made it to yoga! Yay for not having to work late on a Friday!

I had found out a few weeks ago my yoga instructor is also a runner, but today when I was changing in the bathroom at the studio I noticed that he had a NYC Marathon finishing photo on the wall. I brought it up, and he told me the story of how he got into yoga....he injured his IT band 6 weeks before the 1998 NYCM and heard yoga could help so he started doing it.  15 years later he owns a yoga studio. Hearing his story was really cool, and I'm so glad my yoga instructor understands my injury and why running is important. Because god knows my doctor doesn't.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

BOO-YAH!!!

Made it to yoga! Yay for not having to work late on a Friday!

I had found out a few weeks ago my yoga instructor is also a runner, but today when I was changing in the bathroom at the studio I noticed that he had a NYC Marathon finishing photo on the wall. I brought it up, and he told me the story of how he got into yoga....he injured his IT band 6 weeks before the 1998 NYCM and heard yoga could help so he started doing it.  15 years later he owns a yoga studio. Hearing his story was really cool, and I'm so glad my yoga instructor understands my injury and why running is important. Because god knows my doctor doesn't.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013