Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES Don't Eat the Green Snow... (Read 50 times)

Ric-G

...still checking on some friends who ran LAM

amik - glad you're in on the secret

shirfan - nice pace

kaye - congrats on the dist PR

robert - nice job on total miles

D2 - what can i say...huge congrats!

basya - garmin is not lying

zel - hope you get the 5 done

baboon - nice work

lily - mental blocks suck...nice job anyway

dave - great 14

sparker - nice work on the 7

marjorie - great job on the 23!

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Beth that is so great.  I'm glad he is recovering.

Marjorie

Zelanie

5.7 done with the dogs.  Legs felt really good from the first step out the door, which is a relief after my race yesterday.  I am thinking that's one of the advantages of a (relatively) higher mileage plan is that the body learns to recover quickly.

April- Congrats on your first 40-mile week!  May it be the first of many!

SIAR- Glad your post-race run also went well.

Luke- Good luck on getting that PR!

Dave- Really, you didn't bring dry clothes with you?  I thought that was something you mentioned after your tuneup race!

Marjorie- Nice LR!

StepbyStep-SH

SRD for me, though did DS to the Y so he can play in the child watch area. I'll spent about 35 minutes on a stationary bike, just to get some blood flow going, and then did some core work and maybe some bodyweight single-leg squats and deadlifts, plus push-ups. This evening I'm planning to make Irish soda bread, shepherd's pie and roasted cabbage for dinner.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Marathon #14 (or 15, I don't recall) done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Hi, guys.  Marathon #14 (or 15, I don't recall) done.

Yay!  How'd it go?

Just got back from the New Bedford Half, which was also part of the USATF New England Grand Prix series. I have NEVER seen such a fast field in any of the events I've been to - I kept checking the clock as people were streaming in thinking stuff like "It's only 1:15 and there are like 150 people done!"  Insane.

AprilRunner, great four-miler. Congratulations on your weekly mileage PR!

lilac_jive, congratulations on your half!

Lily, sweet track session yesterday. I hope that tonight's run goes better than this morning's.

DaveP MI, excellent 14.11 at 9:24. I'm happy that you felt healthy throughout the run.

SIAR, I'm glad that you feel well post-race and that you had a nice seven-miler.

Luke, yay or registering for another 5K! I hope that you meet or exceed the goal you've set for yourself.

Scott, seven miles+pancakes=Smile

Marjorie, yowza! Amazing twenty-three miles.

Ric-G, I refuse to believe Garmin. No way my LR pace is more than thirty seconds faster that my pre-marathon LR PR.

Zelanie, congratulations on your race yesterday and having such great 5.7 today.

Shari, excellent workout today.

Congratulations, Damaris!

Weights, ab work, and another round of thirty push-ups are done. I was tired enough to have forgotten that I'd already done thirty push-ups in the morning.

I'm feeling lethargic and a wee nauseous. Maybe I shouldn't have had that Guinness with my post-LR brunch. I can't wait to return home and curl into the fetal position under the covers.

Mmmmm...beer

Dave- Really, you didn't bring dry clothes with you?  I thought that was something you mentioned after your tuneup race!

Getting faster apparently hasn't made me any smarter! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I'm a little sore now, but nothing that makes me think I can't do 11 next Sunday.

Or 13.1 next month.  It's on like hot buttered popcorn!

Kay - congrats on hitting double digits

Robert - nice, keep on keepin' on.

April - have a good recovery

D^2 - congrats!

Basya - good run, glad you have a shoe nailed down

Ric-G, Rick, B+, Luke, and Tom - hola

Zelanie - might as well

Rondog - Yuengling is ok, nothing special.  I'd rather have Fat Tire here than it.

Baboon - nice job

Lily - nice job on the time trial

SIAR - good call, you can do the LR some other day when you're more recovered

Marjorie - I'll take that "really hot", lol.  Nice work on the LR

Step - dinner at your house

D - congrats, looking forward to the RR

Oski - holy cow, is New Bedford in Kenya?

24 miles, broken down like so -- 8 general aerobic, 8 MP, 8 easy, 7:31 pace overall.  The last 4 were a challenge to stay focused, I just wanted out of the cold wind.  Mint green tea and a hot shower made everything better.

Docket_Rocket

Like I said, whoever told me this was flat was on drugs. I did not see any flats, lots of uphills and barely any downhills to compensate.  I noticed as soon as I stepped off the plane on Tuesday.  Not my worst but 30 minutes slower than I wanted.

Yay!  How'd it go?

Just got back from the New Bedford Half, which was also part of the USATF New England Grand Prix series. I have NEVER seen such a fast field in any of the events I've been to - I kept checking the clock as people were streaming in thinking stuff like "It's only 1:15 and there are like 150 people done!"  Insane.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

Hmmm. Evidently I'm not a smart as SIAR and more hard-headed than happylily (is that possible?) I had 18 miles on my schedule and even though I wanted to call it a day after 6 miles ... again after 9 miles ... and yet again after 12 miles, (I just wanted to get out of that cold NE wind) I ran the whole thing (actually I manually stopped it at 17.17 miles for St. Patrick's day and then ran another 0.83 to make it exactly 18 for the day. Legs were heavy after yesterday's hilly 10k and I ran it well faster (8:25) than I should have but my OCD inner-self is smiling.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Hip Redux

Shirfan - no joke, the top 450/3100 people finished the half marathon under 1:30.   That's the top 15% hitting sub-7 min/miles.    Heck, the top 50% was even at 9min/mile or faster.  

happylily

Hmmm. Evidently I'm not a smart as SIAR and more hard-headed than happylily (is that possible?) I had 18 miles on my schedule and even though I wanted to call it a day after 6 miles ... again after 9 miles ... and yet again after 12 miles, I ran the whole thing (actually I manually stopped it at 17.17 miles for St. Patrick's day and then ran another 0.83 to make it exactly 18 for the day. Legs were heavy after yesterday's hilly 10k and I ran it well faster (8:25) than I should have but my OCD inner-self is smiling.

Wonderful! The mental aspect is sooo iimportant in a marathon. You're going to do great!

Damaris, so sorry. Damn hills...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SHIRFAN...love that 24 miler!

Zelanie..great run for you after the race. You're definitely getting stronger.

Step...that sounds like a delicious dinner.

Docket...sorry it was a bit tough. Still a good run and trip I hope.

Oski...sounds exciting!

Basya...busy day for you! Rest up.

Bruce..hey, if you can get it done, more power to ya! We all have to learn where our limits are.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn