Beginners and Beyond

Wicked 10k RR, 2:01 PR, 3rd place Masters! (Read 65 times)

Mmmmm...beer

For your viewing pleasure, I present, Nearly Naked Mariachi Man.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

omg 

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I meant 2 hours 1 minute

LOL  My wife likes to call me the fastest old guy in Chesapeake, but I'm definitely not that fast! Smile

Thanks!

Mmmmm...beer

omg 

Now you see why I didn't want to lose to him, mostly I didn't want to have to run behind him! lol

I meant 2 hours 1 minute

Ahhh, gotcha.  Course cutoff was 2 hours.  I could see it with some of the costumes that were out there!

-Dave

My running blog

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Dave.  You have been a strong runner for a while now, but you keep getting faster and stronger.  Way to hang on!  Good luck with your marathon.

From the Internet.

Nice job Dave! Can't wait to see what you can do when focusing on the shorter distances. Good luck at Richmond!

Cyberic

Now those are what I call short shorts!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Way to beat the old farts, Dave !!!

hog4life

Holy shit Dave, you are smoking fast, congrats.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Ginny!  I'm still continually surprised by how far I've come, never knew when I first stepped out the door 2.5 years ago that I'd be able to do anything like this!

Thanks Lauren!  I'm really looking forward to some fast stuff next year, I like 5Ks, it'll be fun to race more often.

Thanks Jerry!  I still have my work cut out for me, we have several local Masters that run mid 17min 5Ks!

Thanks Mitch!  I'm paying for it now. lol Can definitely tell I haven't raced in a while, and I don't think I've ever raced that hard. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, Dave..'wicked' race for you!   Congrats on the 10K and the new PR!  Dang, you are speedy!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Great job, D^2!

Strong race, I hope it gives you a shot of confidence for Richmond.  Way to beat the runners you wanted to beat.  Especially the NNMM.

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Scotty!  Still feels weird to be a "fast" guy. Smile

Thanks Jay!  It was definitely a confidence booster, looks like the high mileage and weight loss is paying off.  I think if the weather cooperates, Richmond should go well.

-Dave

My running blog