Beginners and Beyond

The best ice cream flavor is... (Read 343 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Eh, not a big ice cream eater here.  I'd rather have a plate of nachos.  I came in to check if any of you were eating a nacho ice cream I wasn't aware of.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Blue Bell Lemon. Just awesome.

I read that wrong.

In transit, arriving on time. 

hvmorfun

mad cow

Black Cherry. Bar none.

Black Cherry Rules! Wink

YES!

Plain and simple black cherry, no bits of chocolate or anything else.  It was easy to find when I was growing up (Smith's in WV), but after moving back to the States and further south, it took me three years to find (PET in GA).

You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!

cmb4314

I love all ice cream.  It is my weakness.  Om nom nom.

There is a place here called Izzy's that makes coconut ice cream that is, I think, my favorite flavor ever.  It tastes like they use coconut milk in the base, and it is full of huge flakes of real coconut.  Doesn't taste fake and overly sweet at all, just wonderfully coconutty.  They are one of those places that rotates flavors so they don't always have it, but when they do I usually can't resist.  It is so freaking delicious.  

They also make a really really good carrot cake flavored ice cream, with big hunks of carrot cake and cream cheese icing in it.  They call it Chubby Bunny, so I originally thought would have marshmallows in it before I asked what it was, but who am I to quibble over the name of something so delicious?

In terms of more common flavors, I am a big fan of cookies and cream, cookie dough, and butter pecan.  I also like a scoop of just plain old vanilla every so often, particularly in milkshake form.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Meat Wagon

Puker

I love all ice cream.  It is my weakness.  Om nom nom.

There is a place here called Izzy's that makes coconut ice cream that is, I think, my favorite flavor ever.  It tastes like they use coconut milk in the base, and it is full of huge flakes of real coconut.  Doesn't taste fake and overly sweet at all, just wonderfully coconutty.  They are one of those places that rotates flavors so they don't always have it, but when they do I usually can't resist.  It is so freaking delicious.  

They also make a really really good carrot cake flavored ice cream, with big hunks of carrot cake and cream cheese icing in it.  They call it Chubby Bunny, so I originally thought would have marshmallows in it before I asked what it was, but who am I to quibble over the name of something so delicious?

In terms of more common flavors, I am a big fan of cookies and cream, cookie dough, and butter pecan.  I also like a scoop of just plain old vanilla every so often, particularly in milkshake form.

I picked my daughter up after her first day of college and we went to Izzy's. We had ice cream after her first day of Kindergarten, too.

:not crying:

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Lanie811

Run Lanie, Run!

Anything that involves chocolate.  But not too complicated.  I don't like those chocolate/ caramel/ nuts/ marshmallow/ lettuce/ fire ant /WD40 combinations.  Too much going on. (Moose Tracks, are you listening??)

Im telling on you!!! Personally, I agree with the chocolate but I do like the Moose Tracks ice cream...Heavenly Hash is also good but I add extra chocolate sauce on top...This time of year I also like Peppermint ice cream!!
              Butter Tart

I love almost all ice cream, but at the moment I could really go for a few scoops of tiger tail.

Peace out!

I love almost all ice cream, but at the moment I could really go for a few scoops of tiger tail.

I could go for some tail right now.

Wait, what are we talking about?

PRs:

5k -    22:39      12/11     10k -  49:10      11/11

20k -  1:56:56    9/12      13.1 - 1:54:07    3/12

30k -   3:05:54   9/12      26.2 -  5:00:27 10/12