Beginners and Beyond

Happy MLK Mondailies! (Read 73 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - Congrats to you and your SO! Can't wait for the detailed RR and pics.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

No running today, 75 min of brutal vinyasa yoga at 6:15 AM before work. Trying to decide whether it was worse than the 12 miles in subzero windchill yesterday. Guess I will have the chance to compare again tomorrow with another (n)ice cold run...

Dave

Just B.S.

Rest day for me. We're flying home tomorrow. Back in the cold. :-( I'm so proud of my SO, he ran a great one mile, a very difficult first 10k and also his first HM, all in three days! Me? I won $100. Which is about the price of two pieces of chewing gum, here in Bermuda. Big grin

Maybe your flight will get cancelled and you will get to spend an extra day like we did?LOL

Safe travels, can't wait to see the pics!!

Just B.S.

Scotty your story gave me chills. I think I've said this before but you need

to write a book about your life story.

Scotty your story gave me chills. I think I've said this before but you need

to write a book about your life story.

+1.

DaveP MI, what is vinyasa yoga? I can't imagine it being worse than running in sub-freezing temperatures.

B-Plus

+1.

+2

Basya - That sounds like a really tiring treadmill run. Great work.

The fire alarm in my building went off just as I was heading out the door for my run. I figured some idiot set the thing off again, but when I got back it was obvious something happened because there was water everywhere in the lobby. They let us back in, but the alarm is still going off and it's really annoying. I might just step out for dinner instead of listening to this damn alarm.

Anyway, 7.5 miles @ 8:08 w/ 6 strides.

6 miles + 6 x 6 sec hill sprints. I chickened out and ran on the treadmill.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Rest day for me. We're flying home tomorrow. Back in the cold. :-( I'm so proud of my SO, he ran a great one mile, a very difficult first 10k and also his first HM, all in three days! Me? I won $100. Which is about the price of two pieces of chewing gum, here in Bermuda. Big grin

I saw the results on-line. I'm eagerly awaiting your race reports.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DaveP MI, what is vinyasa yoga? I can't imagine it being worse than running in sub-freezing temperatures.

Vinyasa is a style of yoga with basically continuous movement, flowing through poses. How rough it is depends on how hard the instructor pushes you, and how hard you push yourself. I practice yoga ~3x/week; I am not into the spiritual side, but it can be a fantastic workout.

Dave

B-Plus, great job averaging 8:08 over 7.5 miles. (My TM run wasn't tiring. It left my legs refreshed after yesterday's ten-miler.)

c0derunner, your run was respectable. Boring, perhaps. Chickening out? IMO, no.

DaveP MI, vinyasa sounds cool. I have to see if there is a class that can fit into my schedule.

Ab work and push-ups are done.

6 miles recovery pace