Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Wondering, What's That? (Read 228 times)

runmomto3boys

15 miles done at 8:09 pace.  Felt great tonight!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Are you looking for recovery days, or recovery runs?  My advice would be that the plan is really there for you as a guide, so don't feel obligated to follow it to the letter.  If there are easy days where you're still feeling tired, run them as a recover, or take a total rest day.  Which plan are you using?

BPlus...Way to knock out the paces on the fartlek!

Code...Good stuff with your fartlek too.  Easy tomorrow sounds smart, and maybe some extra stretching or rolling too.

Sparker...Can I offer some unsolicited advice?  Since you took a few days off to let some soreness off, it might be better to think about keeping the first couple runs back on the easier side and not pushing too much.  That can be tough to do when you feel fresh from a few days of rest, but in the long run, it'll tend to keep you injury free.  Good job on the 5.5 though - sounds like a pretty run.

Lilac...whew, must have been a tough group run!  I actually use my group runs for my slowest runs, and it's nice that way because I have people to talk to so that I keep from going to fast.  For some of the people I run with it's their tempo run though, so I guess we all use eachother for different purposes.  Hope you feel better.

Rmt3b...Great run!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

alexis_run_nky

Good Evening Dailies!

I have been MIA for a while because nursing school is taking over my life.  I managed to squeeze in a 6.5 mile run today in the hour and 45 min break I did have in between classes.

I read everyone's post today and it seems as though everyone had some good runs today.  For those of you who are injured, heal quickly!

B-Plus

Basya...Are you looking for recovery days, or recovery runs?  My advice would be that the plan is really there for you as a guide, so don't feel obligated to follow it to the letter.  If there are easy days where you're still feeling tired, run them as a recover, or take a total rest day.  Which plan are you using?

+1. Think of recovery days/runs as part of your easy days, so if you're not feeling particularly great, slow the pace and shorten the length of the run. Or take a day off if necessary.

c0de - Great job on a near identical run as me.

RMTB - You're on fire!

Hi Alexis!

Sparker...Can I offer some unsolicited advice?  Since you took a few days off to let some soreness off, it might be better to think about keeping the first couple runs back on the easier side and not pushing too much.  That can be tough to do when you feel fresh from a few days of rest, but in the long run, it'll tend to keep you injury free.  Good job on the 5.5 though - sounds like a pretty run.

!

So_Im_a_Runner-Advice is appreciated........and noted. Maybe tomorrow a couple on the treadmill after my workout.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

5.3 recovery pace

5 on TM at the gym.

You can call me Anna

Better I Leave

Being a newbie runner, I think I really blew it tonight. I planned on only a short run of 3 miles so I hopped on the treadmill and immediately started running at a pace that is faster than I'm used to.

I burned out at 1.5 miles....Sad

Live and learn I suppose. I'm trying.