Beginners and Beyond

NC24 - 12 Hours of Running (Read 111 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George, I'm so happy you met your ultimate goal, even if the time was unofficial on the 50th mile. You look so great in all of the photos, I had no idea you were struggling. Congratulations on your accomplishment! I'm looking forward to meeting you in January! Especially if you bring fudge Smile

I've got a feeling I'm going to be making a lot of fudge in the future. I'm already looking for other races, including more ultras, where I can FE with the great crew here.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

aplodder

Susan

Thank you for the RR.  I love reading about the spirit of camaraderie that is so much a part of ultra running.  If my body would only cooperate, I'd love to join the community.

If you are looking for another next spring, Chambersburg, PA has a 6, 12, 24 hour race in May.  I met some of the participants when I ran a 5k before the ultra began.  For a first annual, it had pretty good participation.

George, if you look seriously at this one, let me know.  It's less than a 2 hour drive for me and several others who were at NC24.  I bet we could put together a FE.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

George,

I loved your RR. Thanks for sharing how much your guardian angels meant to you. I'm nowhere near being able to complete an Ultra, but I would very much enjoy to being someone to support a friend. I ran middle distance in high school and have started running longer distances as an adult, so I really enjoy reading about your experiences. I'm so happy for your accomplishment and wish you the very best in whatever you choose next! Love the pics, too!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

A great report, George. You did extraordinarily  well. A great accomplishment. Kudos to you and your guardian angels.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George, if you look seriously at this one, let me know.  It's less than a 2 hour drive for me and several others who were at NC24.  I bet we could put together a FE.

Susan, I've been looking around at the possibilities and asking for recommendations. I'm thinking about making my next ultra, since I do want to explore this more, a 50K trail race. I did check this out briefly and I had the wild idea of trying to talk Proofreader into doing it. I already have three other races I'm looking at as possibilities for next May: Ice Age 50, Ottawa Marathon, and the Dirty German 50K here in Philly.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

Great report!  Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations to you on completing 50 miles!

I love the way that you are open to new distances and experiences and are still seeking to expand what you can do as a runner.  I am a newbie but also really close to Masters, and I sincerely hope that I will be just as excited to try new adventures after the "newbie" phase wears off.