Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins - It's Time To Turn Oxygen Into Carbon Dioxide! (Read 28 times)

obiebyke

5 miles today with a windchill of 6 degrees. It was time to get out there after several days off.

I want to thank you guys for the support yesterday. My uncle is much worse today and it's not looking good. I am going down to the hospital about 1.5 hours away tomorrow and packing things to stay if need be.

For my friend, I got to be with our crew last night and share stories about her and laugh and cry (well, I'm not a crier, but there was crying).

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you got the run in Obie.  Take care.

Congrats on LR stone.

Z, have a good time tomorrow.  You'll do great !!!

SheCan

5 miles today with a windchill of 6 degrees. It was time to get out there after several days off.

I want to thank you guys for the support yesterday. My uncle is much worse today and it's not looking good. I am going down to the hospital about 1.5 hours away tomorrow and packing things to stay if need be.

For my friend, I got to be with our crew last night and share stories about her and laugh and cry (well, I'm not a crier, but there was crying).

Many hugs, obie.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Obie- Thinking of you and your family.

on my way to badass

Hugs Obie.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Obie - prayers to you and your family.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Extra hugs for you today!

7 miles done.  Best run since my double marathon weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Cherie, taper is good enjoying it. Ha Right posterior SS still bothering me a bit. Iced and foam rolled. Hope it holds up.

Obie, hugs.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Z - good luck with your race tomorrow.

I finally got a run in this week: four miles through a Scottsdale neighborhood, flat and easy.  One of the really irritating parts of running so infrequently is I am worse than ever at setting a comfortable pace.  I started out way too fast and couldn't slow it down.  LTH talks about beginners only having one gear - that's me.  I hate still being a rank beginner after more than two years of running, but having to start over after months on the injured list means my body forgets everything it ever knew about how to run.