Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Hate Is A Strong Word... (Read 109 times)

B-Plus

Congrats MBC! Who you guys calling a toolbox? 8 miles later. Much, much later :-@
    FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

+100 :P I agree dang it, Zel must be more of a morning person than the rest of us.

Oh sure, Zel, go ahead and be an overachiever and self-format your post! Making the rest of us look like an unformatted posting mess. lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oooh, I didn't even think of using HTML.

Sorry about the knee, Zelanie. Sad I hope you get some answers soon.

MBC, congrats on the tri yesterday. I'm still getting bombarded by stupid questions. Is it something in the water?
        Zelanie

+100 :P I agree dang it, Zel must be more of a morning person than the rest of us.

It's terrible! I was never a morning person for my whole life. I must be losing touch with my youth.
          MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Missing tool bar. A few of us have posted the issue over on technical forum.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Heck, I was more of a morning person when I was younger. It's funny how having a child forces you to realize how much you took sleeping for granted...... I miss 8 hours.

It's terrible! I was never a morning person for my whole life. I must be losing touch with my youth.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Zelanie

Heck, I was more of a morning person when I was younger. It's funny how having a child forces you to realize how much you took sleeping for granted...... I miss 8 hours.

My child is not a morning person at all, so having her didn't make me have to get up early. But often I would be up late trying to get her to sleep.
                FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My child is not a morning person at all, so having her didn't make me have to get up early. But often I would be up late trying to get her to sleep.

My minion chooses days when he wants to sleep in, and days when he wants to get up early. He can stay up all night, until midnight and then wake up around 5 to eat and then fall back to sleep for 3-4 more hours. Other days, he can stay up until 10 or even midnight, but then be up at 7 fully awake....

PRs

What marathon you doing? Client visit in NY today, so likely won't get home in time to do anything. We'll see. More rain on the way tomorrow, ugh.

If I'm not mistaken, he's doing Detroit in October. Finally my chance to FE with LRB! Assuming he is willing to wait around long enough at the finish line for me.

Dave

Will run for scenery.

For 15 minutes last night I was THAT person.

I was gonna post a "Can I train for a marathon in 4 weeks" thread. But the mere thought of the responses I'd get bitch slapped the silly right out of me, and I decided to do something eminently more sensible. I'm going to run a half.

This will be my first "running" HM, as opposed to mountain trail runs which are a different animal. Tentative choice : Aspen Valley HM July 20.

I had sooo much fun racing my 10 miler, I gotta have me some more of that.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty. Here is a pic tour of the OBX course. It is really pretty. http://obxrunners.appspot.com/route/agpvYnhydW5uZXJzcgsLEgVSb3V0ZRgBDA/play

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

4 weeks? Ouch. But yes, the HM is very doable instead. There is always next Fall or next year for the full.

For 15 minutes last night I was THAT person.

I was gonna post a "Can I train for a marathon in 4 weeks" thread. But the mere thought of the responses I'd get bitch slapped the silly right out of me, and I decided to do something eminently more sensible. I'm going to run a half.

This will be my first "running" HM, as opposed to mountain trail runs which are a different animal. Tentative choice : Aspen Valley HM July 20.

I had sooo much fun racing my 10 miler, I gotta have me some more of that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

#artbydmcbride

"Hate is a strong word......" but LOVE is a stronger one! Smile Last night I ran on Signal Hill for 5 miles. This will be my regular Tuesday night run all summer, untiil morale improves or I get awesomely strong at hill running. (or die trying) My hamstring pain lingers on, but at least running uphill didn't make it any worse. Cheers!

Runners run

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ileneforward do you know what the elevation gain/loss of that hill was? I love hearing about other runners' hills and elevations in their areas, I am always amazed at the runners who handle runs with 800 ft + in elevation gain.

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today. Was thinking about maybe doing some weight training after work, but feel too lazy to do it, especially as I stayed up to watch the Spurs annihilate the Heat in Game 3 - Go Spurs Go! So I will just go home after work and then maybe Gail and I will go for a walk around the neighborhood. What happened to the Post Editor, where you can underline, bold, insert emoticon-thingys etc? They are not coming up when I post. Probably screwed up my formatting again on my puter or something! Oh, I see Damaris does not have it either, so it's not me, whew! I am such a technology idiot I thought I screwed it up. Sorry, LRB, that you are dealing with some drama. Hope it resolves quickly. Hope the extra rest day helps, DaveP. Good luck with your run, Damaris. Enjoy the bike ride, Phil! Congrats to your lady for her Tri. Will have to go look for the report. B-PLUS: WAKE UP!!!! Wink Yeah, Kristin, gotta keep those KEGS moving, don't want the beer to go flat! Wink Congrats on your short run.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt