Beginners and Beyond

Missed you guys....and a brief RR for my first half marathon (Updated with pics) (Read 151 times)

Dr. Cornsitter

Nah, I was too cold. I went up for the last of the sad, sad meat balls they had, but my car was parked over at the Melody Tent and I wasn't about to go out, get a fresh change of clothes, and then head back in. I just went to the car and headed back to my sisters (which, funny enough, was in the middle of the course loop, so we were able to watch some of the stragglers run and cheered them on).

I think if the weather had been nicer, as it was last year, I would've stuck around. Hopefully, the weather for the JK in May will be nicer. I just dread the Memorial Day traffic.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

RSX

Nah, I was too cold. I went up for the last of the sad, sad meat balls they had, but my car was parked over at the Melody Tent and I wasn't about to go out, get a fresh change of clothes, and then head back in. I just went to the car and headed back to my sisters (which, funny enough, was in the middle of the course loop, so we were able to watch some of the stragglers run and cheered them on).

I think if the weather had been nicer, as it was last year, I would've stuck around. Hopefully, the weather for the JK in May will be nicer. I just dread the Memorial Day traffic.

A bunch of us stayed there so we got to relax after for a while. Definitely not a lot of food up there. Good luck with your training

MrNamtor

Welcome back and congrats on your first half.

That sounded really rough, and let me tell you, you cannot discount the stress from your life being a dragging factor on you as well. Those things will definitely will take their toll on you, and in my experience, not just a little, but big time.

All in all, I think you have something really to be very proud of. You finished your first HM with a lot of adversity thrown at you. You said at the end that you ran as if you were winning the race? Well, you did win the race. Good on you!!

Dr. Cornsitter

Welcome back and congrats on your first half.

That sounded really rough, and let me tell you, you cannot discount the stress from your life being a dragging factor on you as well. Those things will definitely will take their toll on you, and in my experience, not just a little, but big time.

All in all, I think you have something really to be very proud of. You finished your first HM with a lot of adversity thrown at you. You said at the end that you ran as if you were winning the race? Well, you did win the race. Good on you!!

Thanks! Glad to be back! Now if anyone wants to help me move furniture April 1st, we can really test the solidarity of this community Big grin

Nevrgivup

Congrats on your first. I ran this course in 2010. It was my worst HM. I checked out mentally at mile 8. My time was 2:02. I want to go back there someday. Maybe next year. Its a nice race and the expo was great.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Dr. Cornsitter

Congrats on your first. I ran this course in 2010. It was my worst HM. I checked out mentally at mile 8. My time was 2:02. I want to go back there someday. Maybe next year. Its a nice race and the expo was great.

2:02 for your worst HM? Daaaayyyyuuummm! Well, if you decide to come back, I've got a great place to stay. You're more than welcome, you just have to like kids Big grin

Dr. Cornsitter

I think I finially figured out how to do pics. I don't rememebr where we were at this moment but that's me (in yellow) and my sister (in pink). We are not enjoying that friggin' rain.

Dr. Cornsitter

And Here I look like I'm enjoying myself much more Smile

RSX

Nice pictures. I never looked like I was enjoying myself that day until the end, and of course there were no pictures at the finish.