Beginners and Beyond

RR: Will Speck Memorial 5K (Read 45 times)

From the Internet.

Congratulations on an excellent time and super splits!  That is especially impressive with such a high dewpoint.  Our PR-twinness continues! 

Thanks! Not gonna lie, I double-checked your PR the day before knowing that we have pretty consistently been twins and wondered if I could come close, haha Smile Now I need to race a mile, and we both need to find a 10K!

cjones1

Nice race, Lauren.  Impressive pacing.

I've been dying to do a 5k since my half, but the timing hasn't worked out yet.  Hopefully soon. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

Boon - I KNOW, I'm so disappointed in myself for that! I had to get home to prepare for a Father's Day early afternoon cookout (cook-in, really) and I really didn't think I'd get an award, but if I'd known I would have stayed.

If you care about that sort of thing, many races will mail you your AG prize if you inquire about it.  They may or may not charge you a postage fee.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!  Great job!  That is an awesome new PR!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The McMillan Prediction Game, which is always hilarious when using a 5K time, gives me equivalent times of 47:34 for 10K, 1:46:02 for half marathon, and 3:43:08 for marathon (massive lol but that makes my goal of sub-4 for my first this fall seem reasonable). Looks like I've got some endurance-building ahead of me!

I do Daniels not McMillan, but definitely play the prediction game and wholeheartedly encourage it no matter which chart one chooses to use.

The closest I got was lining up the mile, 5k and 10k. I did not miss the half by much but the marathon was not even close. lol

Trying to line my race times up against their equivalent is challenging and fun, and as long as you keep it in perspective, it will be for you as well.

I agree with Jenny, you can always train at the fastest MP then choose what you want to race at during your taper. Or as was my case, letting the race decide for you.

Nice job on the race, Lauren. I am happy you are getting back to your perky, positive self.

music_girl117

Thanks! Not gonna lie, I double-checked your PR the day before knowing that we have pretty consistently been twins and wondered if I could come close, haha Smile Now I need to race a mile, and we both need to find a 10K!

Haha, that's awesome!  You nailed it! Smile

There's a nice local 10k here in October; hadn't really thought about whether to give it a shot this year but maybe I will!  Good luck with the marathon; that's not on my radar screen at this point but maybe someday.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

From the Internet.

Thanks cjones and D!

I do Daniels not McMillan, but definitely play the prediction game and wholeheartedly encourage it no matter which chart one chooses to use.

The closest I got was lining up the mile, 5k and 10k. I did not miss the half by much but the marathon was not even close. lol

Trying to line my race times up against their equivalent is challenging and fun, and as long as you keep it in perspective, it will be for you as well.

I agree with Jenny, you can always train at the fastest MP then choose what you want to race at during your taper. Or as was my case, letting the race decide for you.

Nice job on the race, Lauren. I am happy you are getting back to your perky, positive self.

Me too. It was like a switch flipped on Sunday and I was suddenly able to cope again. I still miss my boo but she wouldn't have wanted me to be miserable forever.

Re: lining up race times, I certainly will keep it in perspective - I do think it'll be fun,and it's a great tool to see where strengths and weaknesses are. I'm clearly skewed toward the shorter stuff right now, so endurance and building/keeping a bigger aerobic base will be priorities for me for the foreseeable future, with HMP/MP work also playing a big role in my marathon buildup.

Daniels gives me a higher bar to reach for D: 10K equivalent with the RunSmart calculator is 47:32, HM 1:45:22, marathon 3:38:31 - VDOT of 42.5.