Beginners and Beyond

La Jolla HM RR - Four Minute PR... YEAH, BABY!!! (Read 113 times)

tracilynn

YOU GO hillkiller.  Congrats on a great race and your wife is pretty speedy too.  Nice headbandCool

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

A four minute PR with that hill AND a stop in the middle for a photo?  You rock!

Seriously, very well done!  I think that the "hill" I complained about in my HM was about the same as your "mile 3" hill, hehe

B-Plus

That course profile scares me! Congrats on the huge PR! Crazy splits.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Wow, amazing!  You killed it, especially on those hills, and I have no doubt you could do under 1:40 on a different course.  I know how it feels to do something you didn't think you could--best feeling ever.  It's like the positive inverse of the feeling you get when you brag about something you haven't done yet, if that makes sense.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

#artbydmcbride

Great job, Jack K!

Runners run

Jack, I have run this race... Those hills were brutal!  The worst for me was the last one at very end,  I was so ready to be done.

Great times and race - congrats!

Dad on the run.

Wow Jack, awesome run. That is an insane hill! You did an excellent job conquering that beast! You will easily have that sub 1:40 your next HM.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Congrats, Jack!

That hill, pure evil by the looks of it.  Running a big PR on a tough course like that is awesome, great job.

BruceD555

I don't know how I missed this RR, but what an awesome PR on a difficult course. You ran a really smart race and conquering that hill speaks to how well your training has been going. Huge congrats!

Train smart ... race smarter.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ack! Somehow I managed to miss this!!!

Huge PR on a crazy tough course?! Amazing! Nice job! Congrats to you and your DW!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So it's ok to finish ahead of DW?  I'll have to remember that next race.  Congrats to a very fast couple.

camille2

Congratulations!  Great job!