Beginners and Beyond

Not a Boston RR (Read 89 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Sounds like an awesome time!!! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Docket_Rocket

Great experience!!!

and looks like I am converting more people into the marathons are fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That was quite some experiences for your in just one race!

Congrats to you!  And very cool about you finishing with your sons.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

No more marathons

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

It's always difficult to not run as hard as you can - but to have done that it would have just been another marathon - not Boston.  I am so glad we slowed down to smell the roses (and kissed the girls, and drank the beer and actually talked to other runners and spectators).  Did I mention how absolutely fantastic the spectators were?

Just before turning in last night I found the finish line video on Universal Sports.  Way cool.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

So glad you got to have that amazing experience. I got a little misty-eyed as well while reading about crossing the finish with your son.

Ric-G

great non-rr....i like the snapshot approach of thoughts/images....congrats!

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

It's always difficult to not run as hard as you can - but to have done that it would have just been another marathon - not Boston.  I am so glad we slowed down to smell the roses (and kissed the girls, and drank the beer and actually talked to other runners and spectators).  Did I mention how absolutely fantastic the spectators were?

Just before turning in last night I found the finish line video on Universal Sports.  Way cool.

Well, it gets a lot easier doing that once you've practiced it as long as I have.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Thanks for the zip lock baggie tip, that could come in handy, and I always figured you had run Boston before, not sure why...

It's still 26.2 miles even if you are soaking it all in, AKA a long ass way to run.  Was there ever a point where you thought to yourself, "Okay, this sucks."?

Pinktastic

Congrats on your first Boston marathon!  You may not have raced it, but you created a lifelong memory for yourself and for your son, and that is totally Pink-mazing!!   Thanks for sharing!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

No more marathons

Well, it gets a lot easier doing that once you've practiced it as long as I have.... 

Good point scotty 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Thanks for the zip lock baggie tip, that could come in handy, and I always figured you had run Boston before, not sure why...

It's still 26.2 miles even if you are soaking it all in, AKA a long ass way to run.  Was there ever a point where you thought to yourself, "Okay, this sucks."?

No, this actually turned out to be a nice run for me. DS on the otherhand did not let me know until on the bus that his total running in the past two months was four runs of about 6 miles each.  And even with that lack of training, it was calf cramps and stomach issues that slowed him down.

Oh to be 20 years old again.

He's a leaker!

SheCan

Wow, indeed, congratulations!

"I learned that it is possible for a woman to use a ziplock bag to relieve herself on a moving bus."  LMAO!!!!  I never would have thought.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson