Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday DAILIES (Read 60 times)

Docket_Rocket

April, I am sorry about your husband's cousin.

Oski, enjoy the 4.

Dave, nice recovery so far.

Marjorie, enjoy the recovery day.

Basya, hope you get all the workouts in.

Kristin, nice fartleks.

lilac, enjoy the humidity.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello, RA website people!  I decided to run pre-work today.  I think I'll try to do that once a week.  That will free up one more evening for a bike ride or cheering on DW in whatever race activity she happens to be participating in after work on that particular day.  Smile  Wink

10 miles on the treadmill this morning at an 8:52 avg clip.  I did a progression for the first 8 miles, topping out at 8:15 pace, then backed off the last two miles.  That was my first 10 miler post-surgery and was one of my goals for the month.  I plan on getting in a few more of them before the month is out. 

Aptil, very sorry to hear about your family's loss.  Sad

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! April, very sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. 28 is just too friggin young.

After All-Star Week I took yesterday off and ran 5 Easy miles this morning. It's less than 2 weeks until my next HM, so I need to start thinking taper. It looks like I'll do a tempo run tomorrow and my GHMP on Saturday for about 5 miles. I'm thinking for this HM I'll try the lower mileage approach.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

You keep loosing rs on your name.  Is it getting hotter over there?

Morning dailies! April, very sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. 28 is just too friggin young.

After All-Star Week I took yesterday off and ran 5 Easy miles this morning. It's less than 2 weeks until my next HM, so I need to start thinking taper. It looks like I'll do a tempo run tomorrow and my GHMP on Saturday for about 5 miles. I'm thinking for this HM I'll try the lower mileage approach.

Baboon, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  Last full day of school today!

Tonight I will try to run on the TM and see what the knee has to say about that.  And also make cupcakes for the potluck tomorrow.

LRB- What'cha got on tap for today's workout?

Will run for scenery.

Yeowch !  I tried to go on a hobbly, shuffling, recovery run last night with a local brewpub-based running group.  Made it about half a mile and BAM ! : I get a sudden gunshot-like pain in my calf.  Had to walk back and have a beer while waiting for everyone else to return for beers.  The good news : I had this before and know a chiro who can fix it.

Other than that, the old bod feels pretty good after the race.  But I think today I'm gonna do some walking.

April - so sorry.

Baboon - you're an animal !

Basya - sorry about your sentence.  Maybe we can sneak you in some cigarettes.

Anybody at all - puhLEEZ give me some coffee !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Great recovery drink right there.  Hope your calf gets better soon.

Yeowch !  I tried to go on a hobbly, shuffling, recovery run last night with a local brewpub-based running group.  Made it about half a mile and BAM ! : I get a sudden gunshot-like pain in my calf.  Had to walk back and have a beer while waiting for everyone else to return for beers.  The good news : I had this before and know a chiro who can fix it.

Other than that, the old bod feels pretty good after the race.  But I think today I'm gonna do some walking.

April - so sorry.

Baboon - you're an animal !

Basya - sorry about your sentence.  Maybe we can sneak you in some cigarettes.

Anybody at all - puhLEEZ give me some coffee !

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Yeah, it's pretty nice here. About 55/60 in the morning and 75 in the afternoon. Not August heat yet, but I can't lose any more R's. Minimum 3 letter forum name.

You keep loosing rs on your name.  Is it getting hotter over there?

Baboon, nice run.

- Andrew

Ric-G

april - sorry about the loss...way too young

ended up taking yesterday as a urd; ran 7 this AM and may do a few more this evening at my son's practice. have a good one all!

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB/Dave I'm not amused looking at the low Friday night. Um.....WTH?  Mother Nature forget it was summer?

Marjorie

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

April - my condolences to you and your husband!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up early today, at 5:15 a.m, and off to the Y.  Did a hilly route in the area around the Y.  It's a very nice area that includes the campus of Trinity University - posh, posh, the students, staff, and faculty drink all their beverages with their pinky finger stuck out Wink - and a neighborhood across from the university that has lots of million dollars and up mansions/houses.  I even got to give two very nice and friendly 'posh' doggies a couple of treats, as they came up to their gate to greet me as I came up to it.  They were very polite too, sat for their treats, took them gently, and then thanked me not with loud barking but with a simple "Bow Wow..' they obviously went to Rich Dog finishing school ....  Joking.   So, 4.1 miles done.  Very SLOW miles as I am still feeling a bit of all that coughing, etc, that I had going on over the weekend, .  Going up the hills I could tell my wind is not quite 100 percent yet. so I just took it nice and easy, and finished in 45:32, for a mild pacing of 11-something per mile.   Even so, felt pretty good, and a nice run/walk, in spite of the already 75 degree temp, 93% humidity, and a dewpoint of near 70, gaaack!  I was DRENCHED in sweat when I was done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB/Dave I'm not amused looking at the low Friday night. Um.....WTH?  Mother Nature forget it was summer?

OK I just looked...49??  I could've used that last weekend. Coming to Motown again?  FE potential! Either join me for a very slow 2-mile recovery jog, which I might be up to by that point, or you can hook up with LRB for one of his crazy-ass workouts, or perhaps race him in a 5k. Which sounds better? Smile

So actually just finished 1.2 lunchtime miles at 16:20 pace. I'm thinking this one will not go in my log. (If it did, I could enter new equipment "Rockport black oxfords".)

April, my condolences as well.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Warm is an understatement, flarunner!  Congrats on getting your miles in.

4 days a week running is bad, Step?  Uh oh....that's all I run, 4 days a week.   I've tried to increase to 5 days a week regularly but after a few weeks of that, my back starts giving me hell, so then I always go back to the 4-day schedule.  Once in a while, I can get away with an extra run for the week, but I can't do it regularly, unfortunately.  Stupid arthritis.  I bet I have the lowest weekly mileage of any runner ever, lol.  But I guess it all evens out, cuz I bet I do lots more 'running events' (I can't really call what I do 'racing", lol)  than most folks do. Joking    As for you, Step.....what flarunner said!   And enjoy your strength class!

Congrats on your run, Tom, with the Moth Sprint at the end!

Enjoy the pilates, Marjorie.  Hopefully, the acupuncture appointment is post-pilates.

Damaris, if you do the weights miles with the hubby, then you can have HIM carry the weights home... Wink

Sorry about the DOMS in the quads, DaveP.  Definitely walk backwards when you do down any stairs.

Hope you got your 4 miles in, Oski.

April, condolences for your family loss.  Wow, that is so young, very tragic.

'have to serve time..."  lol, Basya....hope your  'treadmill sentence' goes by quickly and you are out on parole in no time.

Way to go on the fartleks, Kristin!  Sounds like your ITB, etc., is feeling better.

lilac, go run outside, only way you will get adapted.  Besides,  you'll look lovely all 'glistening".... Big grin

Dang, Phil, you are just ZOOMING back from that surgery and rehab!

Good luck with the upcoming taper, Andrew.

What are the plans after school is out, Zelanie?  Hope your knee behaves for you!

I get a sudden gunshot-like pain in my calf.  That sucks, jjs22.  Glad you can get it fixed!  Can it be fixed so you can prevent it from happening again?  Doesn't sound like much fun, having to deal with that all the time, and never knowing when it's going to pope up again.   Hope you can find the underlying cause and do something preventative.

Congrats on the 7, Ric.

Heck, Dave, you walk faster than I run, lol.  when I walk, it take me nearly 20 minutes to walk a mile.  Black oxfords?  Sounds....uncomfortable for walking...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

OK I just looked...49??  I could've used that last weekend. Coming to Motown again?  FE potential! Either join me for a very slow 2-mile recovery jog, which I might be up to by that point, or you can hook up with LRB for one of his crazy-ass workouts, or perhaps race him in a 5k. Which sounds better? Smile

So actually just finished 1.2 lunchtime miles at 16:20 pace. I'm thinking this one will not go in my log. (If it did, I could enter new equipment "Rockport black oxfords".)

April, my condolences as well.

We shall see. I get in Thursday am. I know Thursday night I'm going out to my brothers up in Macomb. Friday I have a luncheon as I somehow keep being the nice person and getting karma points (taking dads fiancé to lunch). Sat is the wedding.

Let me see how my run goes tomorrow. I know I won't be able to keep up with LRB type paces!  .

Marjorie