Beginners and Beyond

Boom, Boom, Boom FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

Cyberic

I sent my SO to the grocery store with this list:

2 cans of whole tomatoes

2 lbs of meat

2 cans of red beans

celeri

milk

pandora mix

one box of tishcouc

waffles

maple syrup

He called me 5 minutes ago and said: What is pandora mix and tishcouc? I asked around and no one knows..." Then I laughed hard. I have time to waste, it seems. And apparently he doesn't. 

LOL

LRB

Only a few times do I miss the place I was born.  Looking at these (which I consider among the prettiest in the world) made me homesick.  But just for a short visit.

Playa is in the name of your birthplace?  Fuckin word yo! 

Docket_Rocket

There are so many beaches there, it might as well be called Beach.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Breathtaking, D. I don't usually feel comfortable going in lake water, or Northern beach water, but I would definitely love to float in that crystal clear water!

Marjorie, is it good or bad that I make you smile? :-) Sometimes I feel like I'm the silly one around here and it's not a good thing.

Dave, I skipped the part about your young lady turning 18. That's a big day for her, and for you and DW also. I hope she has a great day (now don't go all cranky and sarcastic on her..lol...) and congrats to you and DW for all the hard work that went into this!

Just finished my second run of the day and I could not make it to 8. It was that or crawling and I really do not like to look at those slow paces in my log book. I prefer cutting some runs short instead. 6 miles at 8:22 pace. It's cool outside, now, but inside, the garage still has the same hot stale air from the recent heat wave. Why didn't I go outside? Because I like to complain.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

LOL

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No it is a good thing Lily

Marjorie

happylily

No it is a good thing Lily

Thank you. 

Dave, I skipped the part about your young lady turning 18. That's a big day for her, and for you and DW also. I hope she has a great day (now don't go all cranky and sarcastic on her..lol...) and congrats to you and DW for all the hard work that went into this!

Thanks Lily! She is a good kid, and appreciates my sarcasm. My crankiness not so much. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

First 4 miles on the TM as it was 99F and 76 dewpoint.  Went outside to finish 10 miles in 95F and 75 dewpoint.  When 95F feels like it's January weather, you know your Summer has been too long already.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

First 4 miles on the TM as it was 99F and 76 dewpoint.  Went outside to finish 10 miles in 95F and 75 dewpoint.  When 95F feels like it's January weather, you know your Summer has been too long already.

I don't know whether to give you props or smack you upside the head. 

Docket_Rocket

It was actually cloudy and went down to 87F during my run, so it felt great.  And go see the paces on my log.  TM was 40sec/mile slower than what I did on the last 6.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

And go see the paces on my log.  TM was 40sec/mile slower than what I did on the last 6.

Zelanie

Lily, I just take comfort in the part where Hanson's says you can run up to MP + 2:00 on easy days if that's what you're feeling. Smile

Speaking of which, 7 easy today at MP + about 1:30.  But felt really good and nice.  Then I had a 4th of July picnic with the kids who could make it in to downtown today.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Brr: Nice race! I am also training for a HM at the end of August. I'm using the Ryan Hall 10 week plan, but I am starting to replace some of the speed days with Daniels' workouts.

I'm going to try to figure out a 14 week Daniel's plan.

Btw, nice running! Smile

- Andrew

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Thanks all.

splits:

6:17

6:05

6:07

0:45 (5:19)

It felt relatively easy.

happy 4th!