Beginners and Beyond

A Response From RW (Read 926 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

"BLAH BLAH BLAH."  I've been a forum admin for years now.  Granted I don't have a lot of technical knowledge and act more like a forum custodian, but I've been involved in the upgrades and administration of the forums.  Cleaning up spam should not be this difficult.  I am left to believe two things:  1) RWOL purchased a god awful system from a vendor they knew had a terrible product (this blows my mind), and 2) RW's IT people suck.   

vBulletin anyone? (it's the industry leading forum software)

runfoolery

I think they say the same thing every week. We get minor outbreaks of spam pretty regularly.

runfoolery

Ever since Internet Brands bought VBulletin sites have moved away from it for philosophical reasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Brands#vBulletin_and_XenForo

Yes the spam sucked, but I got tired of the cliques and getting trashed on several of my posts by a mod.  He had it out for me I swear. 

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yes the spam sucked, but I got tired of the cliques and getting trashed on several of my posts by a mod.  He had it out for me I swear. 

There will be cliques here too. It happens.

Which mod are you talking about? We only had one...and her name was S*S.

There are cliques everywhere. They’ll be here soon enough.

sugnim

My yoga teacher says that clicks are normal and natural, and that things will get easier with improved strength & flexibility.  Wait, wrong clicks, huh?  

My yoga teacher says that clicks are normal and natural, and that things will get easier with improved strength & flexibility.  Wait, wrong clicks, huh?  

Ha.  That made me chuckle. 

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

Week by week my clicks are going away.  Smile

At these sites, not so much. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Look they say the same thing ALL. THE. TIME.  Whenever this happens we get the song and dance.  After awhile why should we go back?  Why? We can have the exact same thing here and better and they have been very welcoming to all of us invading very quickly.  

If they "fix" it how long until it breaks again?  The last time they took the site down was in June to "fix it"  Didn't last long did it?  

I was one of the biggest supporters of trying to fight the spam etc.  I diligently reported every single spammer and every single spam post on every forum until it was the floodgate of pages and pages a minute.  I don't want to go through that again so this time I didn't even bother.  

Anytime we are getting an upgrade in software at work we put it in a test environment and test the crap out of it.  Did they?  Sure they couldn't have  tested the spam maybe but come on.......We just get the same excuses.

I can't imagine just dropping off here to run back only for them to have something else be a major pain in the ass in a few months.  As long as Pluck is there it will never be right.  Just won't.

I'm done complaining about spam and RWOL.  Time to move on

Marjorie

What a canned bunch of bullshit.

I like it here. 

I'll be staying here, Shoe Sister.  Now you just need to lure that treadmill ultra jogging donut eating professor over here and we'll be set ....

Misty

Meh, I like it better here.

Misty

Bless your heart.

LRB

...I was one of the biggest supporters of trying to fight the spam etc.  I diligently reported every single spammer and every single spam post on every forum until it was the floodgate of pages and pages a minute.  I don't want to go through that again so this time I didn't even bother.  

Yes, you did more than could of been expected of one person. 

At one point yesterday, the front page flipped in 16 minutes, meaning the bottom post on the front page had been posted only 16 minutes earlier!

muppy

So still get a little lost over here, but is much nicer! If RWOL really wanted to fix it they would, however remember when the spam attacks started months ago and Mark Remy said that the foroums were at an all time high of activity (think 3 or 4 of top ten posters were spammers) more spam means more activity on site means more advertising money they make. Rant over, carry on!
                              Love the Half

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).