Beginners and Beyond

Nanu Nanu Tuesday Penguins (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sly is fast.  he probably started at 5am, not like us who would have to start at 10pm of the night before.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi, Cherie.

Where is Hope's Mom?

Isn't she on vacation?  Probably too busy to post.

Going out for our run.  56DP and drizzling, brrrr !!!

SheCan

Careful, if you see this one you better run your pretty ass off.  lol

Love it!  I hope I do see one!  I can always use an adventure.  

Jerry-- I don't think you're allowed to complain about it being cold during the summer.  Take it back!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Got up at 4:55 and first foot on the trail at 5:28am...   couple of pitstops for necessities finished at 8:03am.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning everyone!

PAD-- good job on the 4.  You'll get back to the gym soon enough.  Enjoy the group run tonight and really don't break anything, please?

Hey ya Miss D!!!!

Lauren, great job getting the miles in at all with everything going on.  Congratulations on getting into the new house.  So exciting, though lots of hard work.

Jerry-- yay @ you and the stair machine.  You're gonna break that monster with all that climbing.

Zelanie-- hey girl!  I remember when I used to talk about an easy 8.... oh those long ago days!  :-P  I hope you have a fabulous run.

Scotty-- LOLOL, I totally feel ya.  I was like that last week when i ran towards evening.  Just all sorts of jumpy expecting mountain lions and bears to eat me up.  And when a deer jumped in front of me, I think I shreeked out-loud.  Again, good for you for getting up so early.  With your temperatures now, I'm glad I'm here and not in San Antonio.

Yesterday evening I did just over 2 (and yeah even had to walk!) but today was easier and cooler, and I ended up with just over 8-1/2.  The trails around here are really grown up & weedy so i had to be really careful about the snakes.  (Found a baby rattler in our pool last week.)  One of the good things about the trails now though is that the soil is soft and damp and where it's not grown up, you can see lots of different tracks and hoof prints.  Made for a fun run trying to figure out what animals musta made which prints.

Long as it's not a chupacabra!  Or a mountain lion...  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Sly is fast.  he probably started at 5am, not like us who would have to start at 10pm of the night before.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yep, vacation!  Or staycation, anyway.  Got my closet cleaned out this morning and donated a big 'ol box of stuff to Goodwill.  Now DH and I are playing Wii LOTR, woo-hoo!!  I'll be back in the office tomorrow, I just logged on tonight to post my miles over in the RWOL game.  See y'all tomorrow!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cherie, if makes you feel better, I did break a sweat.  We ended with 6 negative splits. So we on the bike path and there's a tree (12" diameter) laying across the path, and it was easy to climb over as we had another mile or so to go.  So a guy from the forest preserve is standing there taking pictures so we joked as to how many days it take the forest preserve to remove it.  Half hour later on the way back the tree is gone, all chopped up and the path was clear. We're like WTF, must have been the only non patronage worker in the Cook County Forest Preserve District.  Anyway, it was a really good run as we pretty much had the path to ourselves As it had just stopped raining.

Yay for staycation, HsM.