Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguin Can't think of any good title (Read 24 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the "group" run, Jerry.

Happy 7 miles, Damaris. Hope your weather is cooperative and your lungs behave for you.

Sorry about your stomach ache, Ginny.  Eat something bad/spoiled?  Or naughty and rich, like fudge, or gooey chocolate cake, or ice cream, etc.?  Hope you feel better.   I wish the group runs around here would be a tad earlier - like 5:30 or so instead of 6:30 and 7:30 pm.  Shoot, I'm an old man now...if I go do a run at 6:30 or 7:30 pm, that doesn't even get me back home till around 8 pm or after...and that's getting pretty close to my 'old man bed time"...so I don't want to be running that late!  Unless I have the next day off of work and can sleep in....

Gravel, PAD...that sounds tough to run on!  Don't turn an ankle or something.

That is a lot of hills, Lauren, good luck with that!  How far is that? Jeez, I thought I did a lot of hills on my route...your  route makes my route look like baby-steps.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

'Sup Pens!

Even no title is a good title!  

Hey....some speedy guy just snuck into the Igloo!

Quick, call the Sheriff!

And until he gets here, everyone "Penguin Run"....this slow pace will drive him crazy at the pace he does! 

photo slowpenguin_zpsb4560e46.png

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Hilarious!  I need a coat.  Big grin

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Scotty

That gravel will make his ankles strong like bull and makes him work harder on the run.  Wink

I'm debating on running to it and back... Around 11 mi round trip.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Went with the "group" after work.  Left DW on the bike path while I tried a small section of the bridle path that I hadn't run on.  Somehow veered off and ended up on a narrow muddy  hiking path.  Of course I kept running and eventually the roots tripped me up and into the mud I went.  Had to crawl under a railing to get back on the road since the path was almost non-existent a that point.  No injuries and good laugh for DW when she saw me.  So now I know which route not to take next time.  Anyway we got 4 miles in. Need a beer and a nap now.

GinnyinPA

Lauren - that is a killer workout.  Good luck with it.  Makes my hills look much easier.

Scotty - I don't know what upset my stomach.  I can usually eat anything without issues, but not today. I was in an out of the bathroom all morning.  Fortunately, soup and toast at lunch settled it down enough that I was able to do my run, though I made sure to do a route that passed a couple of POPs.  Not a lot of energy today, but I finished.

PAD - We have a gravel railtrail that is actually quite nice to run on.  But 1 km loops - doesn't that get old after a while?

Slymoon -  sounds like a good idea, if you have time before dark.

hog4life

5.6 easy. I can't see the pics on the computer at work.

Dad on the run.

3 miles this morning. Legs were tired from the half Sunday but figured I better get back at it. 3 mile progression, really didn't plan for it but it just kinda happened that way, really worked the legs out though!

9:46, 9:29, 8:47

Also me and some friends made mention to the lady who runs the MAC (Mercedes Athletic Club) that we would like to lead the training for the Mercedes full marathon (yes I'm already talking about running a full) in Feb. She seemed to really like the idea and sat down with us today and talked about it. She gave us the does and don't and told us if we lead it we would have to make sure we made all the runs and didn't leave anyone behind, etc. etc. The plus to this is she is going to make sure our race fee is covered for the full marathon! I'm excited and training kicks up next month! It looks like the training is going to lean more toward the "just complete the 26.2 miles vs running the 26.2 miles" but I guess I'm ok with that. I can always run more miles on my own. We are doing the Hal Higdon 18 week intermediate plan, so we shall see how all that goes!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

3 miles this morning. Legs were tired from the half Sunday but figured I better get back at it. 3 mile progression, really didn't plan for it but it just kinda happened that way, really worked the legs out though!

9:46, 9:29, 8:47

Also me and some friends made mention to the lady who runs the MAC (Mercedes Athletic Club) that we would like to lead the training for the Mercedes full marathon (yes I'm already talking about running a full) in Feb. She seemed to really like the idea and sat down with us today and talked about it. She gave us the does and don't and told us if we lead it we would have to make sure we made all the runs and didn't leave anyone behind, etc. etc. The plus to this is she is going to make sure our race fee is covered for the full marathon! I'm excited and training kicks up next month! It looks like the training is going to lean more toward the "just complete the 26.2 miles vs running the 26.2 miles" but I guess I'm ok with that. I can always run more miles on my own. We are doing the Hal Higdon 18 week intermediate plan, so we shall see how all that goes!

Whoop Whoop. I'm wanting to do Mercedes again....

Glad to hear your legs are feeling a bit better.

on my way to badass

Hey Penguins! 4.65 miles with my training partner tonight.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

From the Internet.

Bah. I bailed 5/9 of the way through the snake (Scotty - the full workout is 3.25 miles!). The sun came out just as I was heading out, it was lunchtime, I was hungry, and my legs were just done after 5 hills. Both my upcoming races are very, very flat so any hill training at all is a bonus :P

PADRunner

PAD - We have a gravel railtrail that is actually quite nice to run on.  But 1 km loops - doesn't that get old after a while?

It's more of a groups training session than a run. The coach can keep an eye on everyone and see how everyone is doing. Different # of laps and paces, times...