Beginners and Beyond

Remember "redtailhawk"? (Read 113 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I don't know if there are that many people on here who have been around long enough to remember Brittney, aka redtailhawk, but just an update on her.

For the last several years, she has battled, among many other medical issues, gastroperisis (sp?), basically paralysis of her digestive system. Despite a body that is essentially starving itself to death, she completed her DVM and is now teaching at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. But frequent hospital stays, high expenses for medical equipment and nutrition, are adding up. She posted this site on her Facebook page the other day, and I just thought I would share it here for any who remember her, but aren't FB friends. While running isn't at all an option now — it is a challenge for her to have the energy to just get through a day — she is still upbeat and confident. I happened to bump into her in Lincoln this spring and her smile was as big as ever.

Fund for Brittney

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, Brittney has been goiglng through a lot of stuff.  Yet, she is always smiles and hope.  Please consider donating.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

aplodder

Susan

She's a former Miles Game teammate and one of the strongest people I know.  A lot of other people would have given up and taken time off work and school for illness like hers.  She has persevered despite being weakened and in  pain/discomfort much of the time.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks for posting, Shari.  I definitely remember Brittney.  She's a strong woman!

Running is dumb.