Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

Trail Monster

I hope we win! My mileage is rocking so far this week! 15.5 miles in 2 days. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

BCR, good luck, hope it works out that you can crush it in Louisville.

Kaitlin, NBC just did another news story about the smog over there.  Good thing you joined the gym, even if there are weird guys there.

Sara, keep up the great work.

Lara, yay for team PR weeks!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Is it Noon Yet?

I am not OCD enough to have made a spreadsheet for the other team so I genuinely do no know if we will win or not but it will, at the very least, be close.

I don't think you are giving us a 110% young lady.  Scouting out the opponent is part of the head cheerleaders job.  Now as for the second part of that sentence.  This is not youth sports where you say things like well we did not win but it was close.  Nice job and here is your trophy.  Winning is not everything but wanting to win is!

I leave you with this:

:"All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means? You're willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else.  Now get out there and run Team 5" Vince Lombardi "  *I edited it a little.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
          • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
          • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

delicate flower

You guys are kicking some serious butt and I am jealous sitting on the sidelines watching.  Good news is that my surgery is next week and my doc says I'll be able to start running again in May...much sooner than I was expecting.  It'll be very gradual at first, but he says I should be able to start building my base again by July.

<3

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I don't think you are giving us a 110% young lady.  Scouting out the opponent is part of the head cheerleaders job.  Now as for the second part of that sentence.  This is not youth sports where you say things like well we did not win but it was close.  Nice job and here is your trophy.  Winning is not everything but wanting to win is!

I leave you with this:

:"All right Mister, let me tell you what winning means? You're willing to go longer, work harder, give more than anyone else.  Now get out there and run Team 5" Vince Lombardi "  *I edited it a little.

Oh, do not worry, I plan to win the year.  I just want to be strategic about it.   In the past, most of the teams that went out guns blazing faded fast due to injuries.  I want everyone to run well now but not to excess so that they are healthy enough to run to excess in the playoffs.  I was on the winning team last year and we started the first quarter in last place so I find myself willing to be patient.

Plus, they won't see the sudden bump Phil will bring when he comes back coming.

BCR, you make me laugh.  I don't know how you latched on to Team 5, but glad to have you along for the ride.

Phil, hopefully the surgery goes well.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

We did it.  Another win and (by far) the highest mileage of any team.  Depth and consistency and warrior spirit.

Ahugh!!

delicate flower

We did it.  Another win and (by far) the highest mileage of any team.  Depth and consistency and warrior spirit.

Sheesh...and just imagine if I could pile my 50+ miles on top of that.  Way to go, team!

<3

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Sheesh...and just imagine if I could pile my 50+ miles on top of that.  Way to go, team!

sshh.  quiet secret weapon, quiet...

Trail Monster

WTG Team 5 warriors! Can't wait for May Phil! We're going to be unstoppable!

I put in another 8.5 tonight which put me at 182 so far this month. A new PR! And I still have tomorrow to go! Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Nice month Sara!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey team!  Another win!!  Just be careful about getting too cocky just yet.  Many teams have started out strong only to be taken out in the first round of the finals.

Another indoor track run for me tonight.  I drove to work in the rain and about 45*F, drove home @ 30*F and snow.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Hey team!  Another win!!  Just be careful about getting too cocky just yet.  Many teams have started out strong only to be taken out in the first round of the finals.

Another indoor track run for me tonight.  I drove to work in the rain and about 45*F, drove home @ 30*F and snow.

This!  This is why I continue to caution everyone to just run their plan at this point.  We do not want to be the over ambititious team that runs too much in order to lead early and then dies when people get tired or injured.  No slacking but no craziness either.

I actually think we have a good chance of losing this week and I'm ok with it  - for this reason :  a lot of runners set high mileage weeks last week and need to take cut backs this week.  Don't ever skip a cut back week for the game (except maybe during the playoffs.)   Stay healthy and strong.