Beginners and Beyond

Thtupid-early Thursday Penguins! (Read 25 times)

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Zel - safe travels!

I did 6.45 this morning with a short workout - 2 sets of 400/400/800 - at the high school track. It's about 1.6 miles from my house to the track and I got a late start this morning so I didn't have time for another set, but it'll be good for forcing me to get in a solid warmup/cooldown on workout days as long as I can wake up early enough. And now that I know that the track is open to the public outside of school hours I'll just drive there if I wake up late! :P

Singer who runs a smidge

Trying a couple of odd fixes for two different problems at work.  That's the fun part of a lab, trying different things to solve problems!  I like the administrative part, but I'm not too far removed from being a lab rat.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, Damaris, when your temps go down.....

In spite of the crappy sidewalks - kinda like here in Texas, ours are cracking all the time from the heat - looks like you had some nice places to run, Zelanie.

Sly, are your temps up there in North Texas as crazy as down here in South Texas?  Good luck with the PM running then!

Well, Cherie, with Arizona weather, you just have to do what you can when you can take advantage of it!  You've been doing really well for running in "desert' heat areas.   I'm happy you are not in Phoenix, though...their actual-temp highs for the PM have been just dang CRAZY lately!  I've got a good runner friend out there...I don't how how he copes!

LMFAO.  It actually looks like it will rain.  Cross your fingers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Gym day for me and running RD, but we did take a walk to CVS.  All rested up for the Friday morning LR (or maybe Long W/R).

Hope you get the rain DR.

Docket_Rocket

We not only got rain, we got thunderstorms and I ran in them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

3 easy done. 8x400 tomorrow. Weather is outstanding here. I almost feel guilty.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Bin Running

Hope's, woohoo for new equipment.. Have fun reading the manual.

PAD, hope you havea  good rest day.

Mel, that's some good miles you have in Costa Rica.. You seem to run well with the humidity.

Sotty, good luck with the new schedule.

Damaris, bad ass running in thunderstorm..

Slymoons, hello.

Brillant, the med for the exercise-induced asthma is not working?

Cherie, yes.. but I am not really hoping much for the mth-end HM.. I am eyeing Dec full but holiday plan with the family might throw that off track.. Will see..

Lauren, good find on the track.. Start burning rubber.

Jerry, Enjoy the rest day.

Stonefence, guilty for not running more?

Getting a little more consistent with my miles.. Throwing in 2 speed session in a week seem to help me get my lazy bum out. Still working on how to not sleep in on weekend morning..

BTW, where's AWOOD?!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

*wave*