Beginners and Beyond

Maschalephidrosis Monday Penguins (Read 23 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Maschalephidrosis: massive sweating of the armpits

A lot of that going around here.   The REAL summer is finally here...we are in the high 90s all this week. Will probably hit the century mark as actual temp pretty soon.

Two races for me done over the weekend:

Saturday:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/69926f302b744c76bfc411d25b0cfafb#focus

Sunday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/a6351f37876f4975953fffb53be45004#focus

Rest day today.  May do a weight training circuit after work.  See how I feel after work.

on my way to badass

Morning Scotty and Penguins! 7x400s tonight.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

We beat you to it scotty. 100+ yesterday and probably again today, then we're getting a rare cold front. 80s the rest of the week.

15 on the bike this morning and gym tonight.

Brilliant

Good morning penguins!

Nice running & reports, Scotty!

Happy running/working out tonight, PAD & StoneFence.

Zel, I LOVED your race report!

I did 6.3 this morning.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

By the way, today is July 14th...

HAPPY BASTILLE DAY!

photo HEADLESS_zps94899fb7.png

SheCan

Morning friends!

Hi ya Scotty-- I'll try to get to your reports later.. LMAO@ the  BASTILLE DAY picture!

PAD!  Good job on the bike, PAD!

SF--  good luck with your intervals tonight.

Brillant--- you're doing good getting those miles in this summer.

I still felt tired this morning when I got up, so I decided to take another rest day.  And no, Jerry, I didn't have a hangover!  I was smart and didn't even use a wineglass on my own-- shared with DH, and he kind of hogged it all.  But I didn't sleep well again last night for some reason.  I have some appts this afternoon, but I might do the bike instead... or maybe not!

Take care everyone, and have a cool afternoon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Hey guys!  I was up early this morning- had to be out the door by 5 AM to catch the 6:30 bus to Monteverde!  I am taking a couple of days to myself as a tourist before getting back to work with the chaperone stuff.

I got myself a hostel package with a single room, private bathroom, and it looks like maybe even hot water.  Tonight, I have a night tour in the forest, and tomorrow I have a forest canopy tour.  I packed my running stuff, but it is really hilly here and the only gym I've found doesn't have any treadmills,  So I think I'll just kick back and "only" walk around and do the canopy tours.

I have to say that the nicest thing is just having a chance to be on my own schedule for a few days.  I love my family homestay, but it's kind of nice to just be in charge of myself and just get a sort of introvert-break.  Except for you guys, of course. Smile  I'm always happy to check in here.

Right now, I am sitting on a hammock on the balcony of my hostel.  It looks like a thunderstorm is starting- hope that doesn't affect the tour!  There are a bunch of hostel kids around hanging out, but I'm just keeping to myself and enjoying the breeze.  The really annoying American kids who speak no Spanish at all are luckily hanging out downstairs.

Scotty- The thermometer on the dashboard of the bus this morning read 90 degrees C!  I think something was not quite right with that figure. Smile

SF- Good luck on the 400s.

PAD- Nice biking miles!

Brilliant- Thank you!  Nice run today.  Are you having luck finding a good schedule to get your miles in?

Cherie- Hope that you feel better after taking it easy.

Dad on the run.

Happy Monday all! I'm going into week 3 of my HM training. I'm shooting for the BTC Triple Crown challenge this year which consist of running 3 HMs in the months of Sept, Oct, Nov. So far the training is going well, the only thing going to hold me back is the $$$.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi.  Went to the gym after work to try to strengthen my legs hoping to get over the runners knee.  It was going to be a running RD but it was our last warm day for a while, so I ran 4 miles with DW.

Enjoy the vacation (and hot water),  Zel.

SheCan

it's kind of nice to just be in charge of myself and just get a sort of introvert-break. 

Cherie- Hope that you feel better after taking it easy.

Enjoy your vacation within a vacation, Z.  It sounds really nice, and taking a few running days off this early won't affect your marathon plan.    I totally get the introvert-break.  I think I crave more alone time than most people.  Spending all that time with folks is probably why I was still tired this morning!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I did a run last week where my Garmin said the temperature was 99.  The first 4 miles were okay, the next two I struggled and ended up mostly walking.  I was definitely sweating that day.

Stonefence - hope the intervals went well.

PAD - enjoy the cooler weather.

Brilliant = good job on the 6.3

Cherie - I hope the rest helped and tomorrow you'll be your normal energetic self.

Melanie - how nice to take a few days to enjoy being a tourist.  I always find it stressful to be around people I don't know well for long periods of time.

Jimmy - good luck on your training.  Three in a row is a good challenge.

Jerry - sorry your knee is still giving you grief.  I hope the exercises help.

AFM:  I had a wonderful run yesterday, thanks to cool temperatures that made all the difference.  We're currently driving up the Oregon coast, where it's cool and foggy.  When I ran through the park where we were camped, it was about 62 and misting lightly.  I felt like I could run forever.  So different from my previous 99 degree attempt.  We did a lovely hike at Cape Perpetua today that was just as cool (though a bit dryer) and really enjoyed walking through the old growth forest.