Beginners and Beyond

Cross forums winter mileage game anyone? (Read 387 times)

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

I realize that many folks from the Beginners Forum of RW Off Line came here with the great migration of 2012 after some severe pluckage at that site. Well I'm just wondering if we've enough of the old cadres to get a interforum mileage game going for January and if some one may have the skills to put up a tally board for such.

Yeah the BS helps get one through the winter doldrums when running is some where well south of the 15th serving of leftover turkey.

Anyone game? & yeah I usually hang  with the L&Osers...... Cheers.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

I am trying to get my lazy ass moving again, so if something gets going for January, I'm in.

sugnim

Is this different from the current winter mileage game that was started on RWOL?  The one on celauran.com?

Chairman

Meh Sleepy

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Docket_Rocket

I'm in.

I have no IT skills so I cannot make a board.  Van used to create the ones used for the turkeys v. gobblers and stuff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Depends...

Would this be the same as the miles game I'm in now that has been going all year? I'm no the "Lucky Legs" team on that game, but I have no idea if it continues into the new year or if it will have to be restarted on 1/1/2013.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Most likely, it would be something separate from both Celeraun's game and the miles game.  I loved Van's databases for all the running games.

Docket_Rocket

No.  We tend to have challenges from time to time (of a month or so in duration).  One time it was BF v. L&O and it was tons of fun.

Depends...

Would this be the same as the miles game I'm in now that has been going all year? I'm no the "Lucky Legs" team on that game, but I have no idea if it continues into the new year or if it will have to be restarted on 1/1/2013.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Can somebody log my miles for me if I join? Do I have to run for the BF, or can I declare myself a free agent?

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Sounds like fun.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sure! I'm pretty into the one on celauran, it has motivated me to get out there on "higher points" cold days when my warm bed beckoned. I also just joined the "other" miles game today (not 2013in2013 because I missed the cutoff- was too hard for me to determine a mileage goal for the whole year right now since I have low mileage now, but know I plan on training for a 10 miler and a half in 2013 and have no idea what my plans will be). So bring on another challenge! I like this sort of thing. This new in my running career I work best for motivation when trying to solidify a lifetime running habit, and the more miles games and races to motivate me the better!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Just a one month duration to get things moving. As for teams, I was thinking three fairly broad age groups to make up the teams.

18 to 30

30 to 45

45 and up

Nothing too serious with just a specific individual goal, set it to exceed your base mileage with any form of bipedal locomotion allowed. Running, Jogging, Walking, Snowshoeing, Skiing. The final two as it is the depth of winter and outdoor exercise is still exercise.

The younguns can strive to match those in the middle age group and best them while geezers such as myself (55 years old) try hard not to be left in the dust.

As for spread sheeting this, I haven't the skills maybe some one could get Van to take a look see over here?

Cheers.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

OK be afraid be very afraid, but I've posted a January Mileage Challenge over in L&O rules are simple Use July 1st to determine your age group. before July first for 30 & 45 yearolds and you move to the older of the 3 broad age categories and after for the younger categories.

Post a goal mileage and update on fridays how well you are progressing against your self or others.

Bragging rights are what you win if you beat your goal or if you choose to go head to head against another runner. As for keeping it honest, thats up to you as the only person you cheat is yourself.

I've a self selected goal of near 100 miles for January, that shouldn't be too taxing for this 55 year old gimp. Cheers & have fun.

Docket_Rocket

So, do we have to tell you I'm in or just post the first weekend and then count as being in the challenge?  Do I have to post a goal?

I cannot wait!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Just Post to the challenge, This ain't no official yeah or nay I'm in or not type of deal. Just try to use it as a motivational tool to get through the worst of the winter doldrums.  hell we all know the challenge is to motivate ourselves when we're dragging and thats most of the purpose give each some sort of motivation. How knows maybe you will surpass my gimpy assed knee brace wearing miles or I may  your mileage..

Cheers.