Beginners and Beyond

Unlimited BEER thread. Who's game? (Read 199 times)

Well, it's Guinness again tonight I mixed in a local brewery's stout last night and my wife asked me, this morning, to never drink that beer again because it made me omit emit an order that was unpleasant. It was good but not good enough to sleep outside. Besides, I missed my Guinness.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm seeing some cool stuff here. Nothing of interest here tonight (Yuengling light) but I do occasionally get decent brew. I just savor it from time to time, and otherwise wallow in the funk.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Don't hold it against me, but it was $13.99 a case. Some old college friends showed up and...

Love the Half

Don't hold it against me, but it was $13.99 a case. Some old college friends showed up and... 

Hell, I've paid more than that for a single beer.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Sorry, old college friends are no excuse for that, you have to actually be IN college.

Dave

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Sorry, old college friends are no excuse for that, you have to actually be IN college.

And even then your buddies should still give you shit for that :P.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

...and what would you serve running buddies that just happen to show up, Jack?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Harsh...

There's a time and a place for PBR.  That's one of my low-end go-tos, along with Genny Cream.  The vast majority of the time I stick to craft, but sometimes a cheap, cold beer hits the spot.

Having a Stevens Point 3 Kings kolsch tonight, it was on clearance.  Meh.

There's a time and a place for PBR.  

Yeah -- parties with Klompus's college buddies. Wink

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hey, it could have been worse. One guy wanted to get Lucky Lager!! Remember the puzzles on the inside of the bottle caps?

Love the Half

Recently, I made the decision to use a bottle brush to handwash all of my beer glasses in automatic dishwashing detergent.  I wanted to handwash because that avoids contaminants from other things in the dishwasher.  I wanted to use automatic dishwashing detergent as it contains no soap and it is low sudsing.  Ergo, it leaves little to no residue as long as you rinse thoroughly with hot water.  My hope was to get "beer clean" glasses.  The test is in the lacing.  A "beer clean" glass will leave lots of lacing.  A glass that's not properly cleaned won't.  I think my experiment has been a success.

Lacing from a beer clean glass

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

beautiful!

Recently, I made the decision to use a bottle brush to handwash all of my beer glasses in automatic dishwashing detergent.  I wanted to handwash because that avoids contaminants from other things in the dishwasher.  I wanted to use automatic dishwashing detergent as it contains no soap and it is low sudsing.  Ergo, it leaves little to no residue as long as you rinse thoroughly with hot water.  My hope was to get "beer clean" glasses.  The test is in the lacing.  A "beer clean" glass will leave lots of lacing.  A glass that's not properly cleaned won't.  I think my experiment has been a success.

Lacing from a beer clean glass

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRS

Chasing Muses

There's a time and a place for PBR. 

Never, and down the sink? Big grin Or maybe up a bird's ass on a grill, love  Beer Can Chicken.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

A little while ago I bought a six-pack of Leffe Royale and it came with a free glass. The glass has the Leffe logo etched in the bottom, so bubbles nucleate and provide a consistent stream on bubbles. I'm trying to decide if this is a legit thing to help keep a consistent head or if it's just some BS marking gimmick (that looks kinda cool). Has anyone ever seen this?

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them