Beginners and Beyond

PLEASE bring on the Coffee, Penguins... Please... (Read 34 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

I...

neeeeeeeed...

coffee...

Good morning Penguins.

Coffee...

or strong tea... but I prefer...

Coffee...

Docket_Rocket

I need coffee too!

Morning! 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Vance & Damaris, hope both of you get your fix..

Either a RD or maybe a 3M slow jog later..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Count me in on the coffee.  I've had 2 cups, but that ain't going to cut it.

Bin - Enjoy whichever you decide to do.

AFM - I wanted to run 8 this morning, but we were having a pretty good storm.  It let up enough that I could get out a little later and get 4.  I'll run another 4-5 tonight.  I was looking at treadmills last night.  I still don't think P3 is ready August running around here.  We've had days over 100 before with ridiculous humidity.  I also think it would make sense for us to have one in the winter.  It will never be my first choice, but right now I'm sitting on a gym membership that I use about once a month at best just so I can use a treadmill.  I probably would have used it this morning if we had it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

LRB

Wassup, Van, D, Bin, AW and all the Pens to follow!

I'm just passing through, looking for a refill for my empty cup.

Have a good day all!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning.  Starting off with a cup of Beaumont (Aldi) from the Keurig.  Exercises and ice are done.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jeopardy Answer: Alec Trebek…da da da da….da ….da da… da da!

Question:  Whose birthday is it today?

July 22 is Hammock Day and Rat-Catcher’s Day!

catching mice cartoons, catching mice cartoon, catching mice picture, catching mice pictures, catching mice image, catching mice images, catching mice illustration, catching mice illustrations

catching mice cartoons, catching mice cartoon, catching mice picture, catching mice pictures, catching mice image, catching mice images, catching mice illustration, catching mice illustrations

hammock cartoons, hammock cartoon, hammock picture, hammock pictures, hammock image, hammock images, hammock illustration, hammock illustrations

hammock cartoons, hammock cartoon, hammock picture, hammock pictures, hammock image, hammock images, hammock illustration, hammock illustrations

Mouse jokes….

What do you call a mouse with no balls?

Optical!

What does a twelve-pound mouse say to a cat?
                  'Here Kitty, kitty, kitty'!

What are crisp, like milk and go 'eek, eek, eek' when you eat them?
                  Mice Krispies!

Who was the king of all the mice?
                  Mouse Tse Tung!

Where does a mouse keep his boat?

At the Hickory Dickory Dock

A man in a movie theater notices what looks like a mouse sitting next to him.
                  "Are you a mouse?" asked the man, surprised.
                  "Yes."
                  "What are you doing at the movies?"
                  The mouse replied, "Well, I liked the book."

Random Animal jokes…

How do you make goldfish old?

Take away the ‘g’

What has 4 legs and goes “Oom Oom!”?

A cow walking backwards

What do you get when you cross an ape and a sheep?

A baaaaaboon

What do you call a bear with no teeth?

A gummy bear

Why are some dogs like a telephone?

They have collar I.D.

How did the dog stop the video?

He stepped on the paws button

How did Noah check on the Ark animals at night?

Flood lights

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

No coffee here.

If i had some i would share. So i am not real useful, but I did get in 5.2 miles.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non-running day for me today. May go to the gym after work and do a weight-training circuit.  I have been misbehaving in that area, have not done my weight training for about 3 weeks now.  On Saturday, I did complete Race #43 for the year:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/4dcd3e3180e04e73905aa984002cf561/resume#focus

Ugg, Vance, how you can drink that stuff....coffee.... Tight lips

Good luck with the 6 miles later, Damaris.  Has your storm passed?

Bin, enjoy your RD or your 3 miles, whichever you decide to do.

Glad you were able to get some miles in, Awood.   Uggg, treadmill...I just can't do it.  And I have access to several gyms.  Still can't do it. Must...run...outside!  Joking

Umm..what do you put in your empty cup, LRB?  Wink

Way to get your exercises done, Jerry!  Good luck at the doc's today.  Today is your appointment, right?

Congrats on your miles, Tomas!  No coffee for me, either.  Can't stand the smell of the stuff.  However, if anyone ever comes to visit, we do have it, because Gail likes it.  However, she kindly waits till I head off to work before making the nasty stuff, so I don't have to smell it.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Morning pens! I'll pop back in for personals later, just checking in while I'm eating breakfast (with coffee, of course). 4.5 miles this morning with ~2.25 miles of 400s (9 of 'em), mostly in the 2:02-2:03 range which felt sort of easy, last one 1:52 which felt a little harder but not awful. The rest of the group did 12, I ran a bit faster than I have been so I opted to cut it short and see how my legs do the rest of the week. Planning on 4ish on Thursday and 5.5 on Saturday to get to 14 for the week.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks Scotty.  Now, I need another cup of coffee, and a hammock.  I won't get anything done.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

yep, doc at 1:30, then hopefully a run/walk.

Philliefan33

Good morning.  Last work day before my vacation, so trying to wrap some things up and make sure my technicians have a work plan to carry them to the middle of next week.

I'll run tonight -- either 5 miles of Fartleks or a 3-mile recovery.  I mixing up my days to accommodate travel and the fact that starting Wednesday I get to run in nice, cool Oregon mornings.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck at the doc!

yep, doc at 1:30, then hopefully a run/walk.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page