Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: The Origin of Twitter (Read 55 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.5 for me. Got soaked. Some of the run it was heavy rain and wind. Good times!  But the last 6 it wasn't raining so I was almost dry when I got back.

Hope racers have done well.

Have fun Boon.

Bruce sounds like good weather.

Basya hope the long run went well

Step great job

Ami. Nice ag win

Zelanie hope the hike went well. Dh said Hammy had a great time at the pool. I wish he would have taken a picture. They were trying to figure a way to keep his long Basset ears from loading with water. Been a problem since we have gone there. He shakes his head a lot as he is a bit heavy so he sits low in the water even with the life jacket. I guess they tried scrunchIes. He said he looked like a sumo wrestler. I'd have loved to have seen that.

Waves to everyone else.

Marjorie

Shari, I'm happy that pacing went so well. Enjoy your well-earned SRD today.

AmiK, congratulations on an excellent race and subsequent placement. Have a wonderful rest day.

outoftheblue, have fun lifting weights and using the elliptical machine.

workinprogress11, I'm glad that your enjoying Indianapolis. Fantastic five-miler.

Zealanie, have pleasant walk.

kristin10185, congratulations!

DaveP MI, excellent 18.04. I hope that cross-training with the yardwork goes well.

Brrrrrrr, sweet six.

Jay, enjoy running and mowing.

Scott, awesome workout.

Rick, terrific twelve-miler. Happy noshing.

Tom, enjoy whatever happens.

Nicole, boo for the wet weatherSad

scappodaqui, don't be so hard on yourself. Be good to yourself and worry about tomorrow tomorrow? Today? Take care of scappodaqui.

B-Plus, smoking virtual half.

Marjorie, terrific 21.5 in less-than-ideal conditions.

13.1 in 1:59:03. 9:06 pace. An unexpected LR pace PRSmile Unexpected because, instead of my usual flat course, I ran on a slightly hilly course that included the last three miles of the Boston Marathon route.

Ric-G

Kristin - sounds like you were under the weather going in...that was still a nice result

step - sounds like a great day yesterday

davep - make sure the zombie shutters are secured

rick - always wonder how accurate the garmin calories are...hopefully it's close

bplus - wow. that's an excellent result

Marjorie - nice 21

D - must be really bad humidity if you say so

basya - nice job there!

today did an easy 8 this AM. yesterday ran about 15 on some trails plus a couple more. unexpectedly ran with some pretty hard core trail people including a guy who has run the Angeles Crest 100 miler like ten times. dumb pictures won't load. oh well. gotta finish up some carpet shampooing now. have a good one all.

marathon pr - 3:16

YAYpril - B-Plus

The results said 1:25:28, now it's 1:25:27. I imagine that can still change since there is no variance between my gun and chip times and I started about 300 deep. I clocked 1:25:19 on the garmin. Either way,I'm so freaking excited right now.

That is fantastic. Congratulations. Smile

B+ - congrats!

17.5 general aerobic done, felt pretty good the whole time.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats fellow racers!

my RR is up. I think I set a RR writing PR

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Thanks peeps! My favourite pizza place are lazy asses and don't open til noon on Sunday, so I'm just chillaxing at starbucks. Don't they know I need to recover?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Final day of resting a sore calf, which is no longer sore.  The weather has been crappy for the last three days so it hasn't been too bad.  Looking forward to running Monday!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Rondog65

Hello all,

Hoping all are having a good day.

Kristin good job on the 5K

April enjoy the MS charity walk, it is always a good thing to take time out for a good cause, a tip of the hat to you for doing this.

Marjorie, a 21.5 mile training run is an incredible concept to me, wow, but that's how you rack up those huge mileages.

Ami great job on AG placement, you deserve a SRD.

Dave, so we do an 18 mile training run, spread mulch and then go do a 5K zombie run, I guess I got to get back to work, your making me look bad.

B-Plus that is an incredible time!!!

Basya great job on the LR and pace PR.

Went out for my 13.1 mile LR and felt pretty good, was a little slower than I would have licked but felt good getting this on in the book (added a 1 mile cool down walk at the end, something I don’t normally do)

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Hip Redux

40 miles on the bike done today with the DH.    Tired but trying to get through the food prep for the week before I plant myself on the couch for the rest of the evening.  :P

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, B-Plus & Kristin!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

OK, done with my chores for the day, now to catch up on the dailies!

Kristin - great job on your 5K!  I'll go look at your RR in a sec!

April- how did the walk go?

Marjorie - what a nice DH to let you get your LR in without a crazy ass start time.

Basya - Nice PR on the LR!!

Ami -  how's the leg feeling post-cortisone?  Better, I assume?

OOTB - Hope the XT went well!

Workinprogress - congrats on the Mini, is the RR up?  Will go check it out!

Zel - 25 MPW isn't terrible, you're right!  Hope you are on the mend and are back at it soon.

Dave - glad you sucked up the 18 miles - but the real question is... did you do the Zombie Run and did you get undead?

Brrrr - hope the toe doesn't give you any more trouble!

Shirfan - mowing sucks.  There, I said it.

Sparker - which beach?  vacation??

LRB - Iron Man, again?   We're going next weekend, can't wait.

RunTom - did you manage to get out for a run?

Hobbitlegs - hope the yoga went well!

Scap - don't beat yourself up.   I hope the foot feels back to 100% tomorrow!

B+ - rock on, nice work!!

Damaris - what's up with shitty weather following you around?  Nice work finishing in what sounds like tough conditions.

Ric - 15 miles on trail is tough work - were the pictures of the trail run?  I'd love to see them!

Robert - glad the calf is no longer bugging you.  Rest sometimes works wonders, eh?

Rondog - nice work on the LR.   Today was the day for LRs on B&B, I guess!

OK, now to meander over to some RRs.  Big grin

outoftheblue

Great racing today Kristin and B+!!!

Life is good.

8.1 easy on a gorgeous evening. I'm beyond ready for this weather to stick around for a while.

Ric-G, bravo on the easy eight-miler this morning.

Jay, great 17.5 GA.

B-Plus, I hope that you ingested yummy pizza in a timely fashion.

Robert, I'm glad that your calf is feeling better.

Rondog65, excellent virtual HM.

Oski, beautiful ride with DH. Brava on your discipline in making sure that such a major chore is done ASAP.

Damaris, you blow my mind. HTF did you run 26.2 in such tough weather?!?!?

Weights and abs are done. Next stop: bed.