Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILY Penguins (Read 22 times)

Docket_Rocket

Jerry - I assume the 3 will be indoors?  Have fun.

Damaris - good job on the early miles.  Interesting client.  Is he nice?

PAD - you're getting close.  Are you nervous?

Robert - another early runner.  Good work.

Brilliant - I hope you manage a run, despite the heat.  Any shady parks?

Traci - with that wind, running indoors is a good idea.  Good luck.

Jack - nice early run.  Sounds like you're going to be having fun over the next few weeks.

sapf - we have a lab that will do a "wellness panel" for about $60.  It is actually a lot more detailed than the blood test I get from the doctor, and includes ferritin levels.

HopesMom - have fun with your rehearsal tonight.

AFM:  Short run later.  It will probably be  on the TM because the wind has dropped the real feel temp to the low 20s and it's supposed to get colder by mid-afternoon.

He is not my client. I work for the UST. He might be nice but he won't think the same of me. LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Spent all day and night and morning stressing about my thesis committee meeting because I have anxiety about everything, it's done now and I'm actually feeling good about where I'm at. I have a clear plan for the next few months and we'll reconvene sometime in April to make a solid graduation plan (definitely have to be out before September!).

Now I am off to the treadmill for a few easy miles as my reward Big grin Then back to work!

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Lauren!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy day at work today, but I do get to leave about 30 minutes early.  Have to go pick up my BP medicine at the military clinic before it closes.  Then will enjoy a few miles in the sunshine.  Yep, a bit colder today - only 58 for the high today, and the wind is really blowing making it feel a bit chillier - but still sunshine and blue skies.   Also, today is my Thriday - I am off work the next 4 days!   See my doc tomorrow morning to start lining up my 'annual physical' appointments.  Then Saturday, it is 30th anniversary for me and Gail, and her birthday is Sunday, the 15th.

Had a really nice run/walk yesterday.  High was only supposed to be 70-something, but we got all the way up to 81 degrees!  I will have to get my warm-weather acclimatizing done early this year it appears, lol.  I went to a local park with some nice trails and big shade trees on either side of the trails, and it felt GREAT when I was out there in shorts and singlet, sweeet! Ended up with 3.4 miles done.  There is a dog park also in the park so I got to 'meet-and-greet' lots of different dogs whose owners were walking them up to the park.  Very fun, love interacting with the doggies, handed out all my treats before my run was done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Hi Pens.

I have a busy day today so I rolled out of bed at 4:30 and ran 8 miles, ate, showered, and off to work. Some of you might remember I play drums in a band? We have some higher profile gigs coming up so the singer thought it would be a good idea for us to get a promo thing together. Today we have an appointment with a "real" photographer in a studio for a photo shoot. LMAO!!  I feel like a real rock star. This Saturday we are playing for 500 people at a big Valentine dance and soon we are playing at a minor league hockey game and baseball games in the spring.  Too funny. If I get any good pictures maybe I will put one on here or FB. LMAO, this is hilarious!

This is awesome, Jack!!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy 3 miles after work, Jerry!  An owl is like our 16th President....because they're both A-Blinkin'.... 

Congrats on getting your series done, PAD!

Way to go on the morning miles, Robert!

Awww, Brilliant, go run in the 80s sunshine...it builds character! 

Damaris:  "Well, Mr. Cassidy, we have your case all done now."  David Cassidy:  "I think I love you." 

What, Tracilynn, it wasn't 80 degrees in the gym?  Hope your hilly TM miles went well and your shin behaved.

Hope your appointments went well, sapf!

Jack the rock star!  After your first album sells a million copies, we can say we know you when....

Happy singing, HsM!

Colder than the 20s?  Ginny, you sure you don't want to come visit San Antonio for about a week?  Good time to come now too, our annual 10-day rodeo is starting this weekend.

Good luck with the thesis, Lauren!   Do  you know what the first-ever Thesis was on?   A minotaur.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

Jack, will you remember us back here after you get all famous and stuff?  

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 easy clockwise miles.

Is the whole Partridge Family in court, Docket?

Docket_Rocket

Happy 3 miles after work, Jerry!  An owl is like our 16th President....because they're both A-Blinkin'.... 

Congrats on getting your series done, PAD!

Way to go on the morning miles, Robert!

Awww, Brilliant, go run in the 80s sunshine...it builds character! 

Damaris:  "Well, Mr. Cassidy, we have your case all done now."  David Cassidy:  "I think I love you." 

What, Tracilynn, it wasn't 80 degrees in the gym?  Hope your hilly TM miles went well and your shin behaved.

Hope your appointments went well, sapf!

Jack the rock star!  After your first album sells a million copies, we can say we know you when....

Happy singing, HsM!

Colder than the 20s?  Ginny, you sure you don't want to come visit San Antonio for about a week?  Good time to come now too, our annual 10-day rodeo is starting this weekend.

Good luck with the thesis, Lauren!   Do  you know what the first-ever Thesis was on?   A minotaur.... 

Except I wouldn't be saying that.  I am not his attorney, I am the big bad government.  He won't love me at all.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Jack, that's cool, be sure and post your promotional photo here. Smile

D, you look super hot in your new instagram/inknburn avatar!

I'm headed out now to build 6 miles worth of character in 87 degrees...Ginny, yes, I will run on a trail with lots of shade.

Docket_Rocket

Awww, thanks!  I am one of the new Inknburn ambassadors and that was one of my requirements.  When I saw the pic, I loved it.  I am not really photogenic so any picture where I look nice is a keeper.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

Jack, that's so cool! Drummers are hawt.

Activity streak continues. I did about 20 minutes of interval training.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)