Beginners and Beyond

Race times in sigs (Read 260 times)

MrNamtor

Which one was that from? It sounds too familiar damn it!

before your time dear. Poltergeist like 1982 or something

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I still watched it! Was it the little girl with the freaking silver blonde hair? Which scene, I know it was in a house but that is it.

before your time dear. Poltergeist like 1982 or something

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Everyone should be proud of their times, we're not sitting on our butts doing nothing with our lives but instead we're out there being active and testing our body's limits. There is definitely something mentally and socially wrong with people who think themselves better than others just because they are faster.

It reminds me of what Timothy Tweetmier says in "A Race for the Soul", basically he states that a lot of the slow runners are amazed at the fast runner who can finish the 100 miles in 16 hours or less, but in reality the fast runners are super amazed that these "slower" runners are still out there and running for 24-30 hours. He pretty much says that it is amazing that they can endure those trails for so long, and he is amazed by them.

I'm drunk so don't mind my posting... (I'm on vacation, plus it only takes two glasses of wine to get me drunk. please do not judge me)

All I want to say is that I am as proud of my first marathon time (my slowest) as I am of my last one (my fastest). And yes, I post my PRs because it makes me happy (and I guess proud?) to show my PRs. There are faster PRs than mine and there are slower ones, but my PRs tell MY story and that's what matters to me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm pretty sure Jeff, Spaniel, wrigley girl, fellrunner and a few other on the main boards have been genuinely fast. They simply choose not to post here, but are willing to offer expert advice on the main boards.

also, from this thread I've learned that LTH is the fastest so far, with Mike coming in a close second, but second none the less.

There are runners who post here who have faster PRs than either of them. They've chosen not to include PRs in their signatures and mention them only when relevant to the discussion at hand.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

paulski66

miscreant

Really though seriously. You're a marathon runner, father of how many kids, right? Great guy you don't eat meat for ethical reasons. You're not a dick. So why do you do what you do on this forum? Serious question expecting a serious answer.

What do I do on this forum?

Basically, I goof around, congratulate people I know in race reports, answer the occasional question if I feel I have something to add. Most of what I post is irreverent, little is mean spirited, sometimes it's a little acerbic...but that's just how I am.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

happylily

What do I do on this forum?

Basically, I goof around, congratulate people I know in race reports, answer the occasional question if I feel I have something to add. Most of what I post is irreverent, little is mean spirited, sometimes it's a little acerbic...but that's just how I am.

I keep telling them that you're actually a very nice guy, but you've been making it hard lately for me to convince them. Big grin Sorry, just had to say this, please don't beat me up with your wit now. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

I like to see what everyone's PRs are.  I don't take them as bragging at all.  Isn't being proud of our accomplishments a big part of what drives us to train and race?  It sure as hell ain't the prize money for most of us here.

That being said, I never bothered to put my PRs in my sig line.  My training log is public for anyone to see.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Love the Half

I'm pretty sure Jeff, Spaniel, wrigley girl, fellrunner and a few other on the main boards have been genuinely fast. They simply choose not to post here, but are willing to offer expert advice on the main boards.

also, from this thread I've learned that LTH is the fastest so far, with Mike coming in a close second, but second none the less.

Goo was an Olympic caliber athlete and the only reason he didn't go was due to one of the boycotts.  I don't know if others made it to that level but I'm sure they are faster than anyone in this user group and there are several here that are significantly faster than me.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Where is Goo from?

happylily

Where is Goo from?

The beautiful Czech Republic

Love the Half

Where is Goo from?

Lily beat me to it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Lily beat me to it.

That's the only thing I can sometimes beat you at. Big grin

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Goo is awesome...he just ran a sub-3 marathon at Boston at the age of not-quite-60.

paulski66

miscreant

The beautiful Czech Republic

Yes, though he's currently in Fucking Austria right now...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

LRB

Goo is awesome...he just ran a sub-3 marathon at Boston at the age of not-quite-60.

Didn't he say he could run a sub-3:00 right off the couch, without training for it?  That was one of the best lines I have read on these here forums.