Beginners and Beyond

Dizzy's Melting Down, It's Friday. Waddle ya have? (Read 505 times)

LRB

Great suggestions.  I went with two pints of Dos Equis XX Amber draft, and I discovered this tasty, heavenly treat:

a

It's an avocado cheese crisp made on a crisp flour tortilla with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, onions then layered with 19,000 slices of avocado!  It's topped with white cheese then toasted. 

One word for that: yummo!

Docket_Rocket

That looks (and sounds) delicious!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

That looks (and sounds) delicious!

It was!  I'll be buying one of those a month from here until I check out of this place!

Well this is a drink thread so I picked up a variety 12 pack of Arcadia Ale.  I have not tried this particular brand which has four each nut brown ale, loch down Scotch ale and an IPA.

Needless to say I am looking forward to them!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I think I have finally moved beyond needing Nyquil (yay!!!) so it looks like a Grey Goose and cranberry night for me. Smile
          LRB

I think I have finally moved beyond needing Nyquil (yay!!!) so it looks like a Grey Goose and cranberry night for me. Smile

Hey Flip!  Glad to hear it!

kitteh

ORB, I'll forgive you for skipping the margarita, but only because you had something piled sky high with avocado-- or palta, as we call it in my house.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

LRB

ORB, I'll forgive you for skipping the margarita, but only because you had something piled sky high with avocado-- or palta, as we call it in my house.

Thank you for your graciousness.  Wink

I could've ordered two of those bad boys, slapped them together and made a sandwich!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

a margarita sandwich?? Wink
                  LRB

Love the Half

Happiness.  Found a bomber of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale today.  I'll put it in at cellar temp and drink it on Christmas Eve as I'm putting all the toys out.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Rubybaby43

enabler

I bought a 12 pack of Sam Adams Winter Lager- I got home with it and was tired.....went to sleep. Maybe here in a lil while I will start drinking.

I bought a six-pack of this today....I love most Sam Adams -- it is my go-to beer.  I also bought a six-pack of Wasatch White Ale.  This is a new one to me....and it's not bad at all.  Fairly effervescent though....there was an "incident" in the pouring of the beer into a glass.  Oops

KLO

more miles = more beer

Buelligan

Cheap beer is fine for me when I'm buying off the shelf stuff... but I can't stand cheap liqour.  Hence my evening cocktails of Crown Royal whiskey (rocks with a splash of water) and Natty Daddy backs.

When I'm drinking fancy, I go to my local brew pub and quaf their excellent IPA.  It's better than anything I could buy bottled.

happylily

I have gastro to share with you all. Gastro and beer, mmmmm.... Who wants a big kiss? Big grin

P.S. Sorry for ruining this thread. Evil

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Hmm, it's getting to be about that time...