Beginners and Beyond

The Boston Marathon Treadmill (Read 88 times)

LRB

• Being able to change speeds via the Bluetooth enabled SpeedRing on your finger is appealing, and quite frankly, long overdue.
    • A 15 MPH max speed makes me drool thinking about HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training).
    • The 20% incline and -6% decline allows you to train for varying courses.
    • The Runners Flex Impact Control helps reduce impact on your joints, but can be turned off to simulate road conditions.
    • Being able to run the actual Boston course, or anywhere in the world on a 10” full color touch screen powered by Android, is a nice feature.
    • The built-in metronome is also nice.
    • The $3,999.00 price tag?  Uh, not so much!

Check it out here.

happylily

My TM does all this, except I believe the incline is 15%, not 20%, and decline is 3%. The screen isn't a touch one. No Bluetooth thingy also. Not sure about the metronome. The simulation of road conditions by making it harder on your joints is stupid. The reason I can race 5 or 6 marathons a year is because I protect my joints by running on a TM, why would I want to damage them? The rest is the same and it even has a Boston marathon sticker on it (and it's mine, so a thousandth time more valuable than just a generic name). Price: $1300.00 Canadian, 10 year warranty.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jess runs for bacon

My TM does all this, except I believe the incline is 15%, not 20%, and decline is 3%. The screen isn't a touch one. No Bluetooth thingy also. Not sure about the metronome. The simulation of road conditions by making it harder on your joints is stupid. The reason I can race 5 or 6 marathons a year is because I protect my joints by running on a TM, why would I want to damage them? The rest is the same and it even has a Boston marathon sticker on it (and it's mine, so a thousandth time more valuable than just a generic name). Price: $1300.00 Canadian, 10 year warranty.

Do you have the Norditrack 1750? Although mine doesn't have a Boston sticker. LRB you should check it out. The ifit technology is kind of hiccupy but its a damn good treadmill for the price. I have 10 of the big marathons on it (NYC, Boston, Berlin, etc) and can make a map of whatever I want, declines to 3 and goes to 15. Can't do the road running thing but it very spacious. I forgot the top speed, since I can't even dream of hitting it Tongue

Edit* oh I just saw you said it doesn't have a touch screen, so it's not the 1750.

happylily

Do you have the Norditrack 1750? Although mine doesn't have a Boston sticker. LRB you should check it out. The ifit technology is kind of hiccupy but its a damn good treadmill for the price. I have 10 of the big marathons on it (NYC, Boston, Berlin, etc) and can make a map of whatever I want, declines to 3 and goes to 15. Can't do the road running thing but it very spacious. I forgot the top speed, since I can't even dream of hitting it Tongue

Edit* oh I just saw you said it doesn't have a touch screen, so it's not the 1750.

Yes, I think I have the 1750. So I guess I have a touch screen after all. LOL...I am technologically retarded. (well, ok, I am just simply retarded in general. But since I admit it, can I hang out with the cool kids anyway? Big grin)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Julie,

Curious as to which model yours is?  Is it Proform also?

I have the Sole f80 which I've been advocating for years now.  It's a great mill but doesn't decline.  However, it carries so much incline that many folks have recommended using a board or two on the back to allow for essentially the same.  However, I don't like messing much with incline on the hamster wheel.  Maybe a degree or two to mimic outdoors but otherwise I run.  I haven't even used any of the fancy workouts that are built in since probably the first month I bought the thing.

Anyway, I think it's still a cool thing and smart marketing based on the success I'd assume they're seen with the TDF stationary bike.  Add the 2013 Boston race into the mix and you've got a good recipe for success, methinks. (though a lower price would help)

Randy

Jess runs for bacon

Yes, I think I have the 1750. So I guess I have a touch screen after all. LOL...I am technologically retarded. (well, ok, I am just simply retarded in general. But since I admit it, can I hang out with the cool kids anyway? Big grin)

Ugh, I guess Tongue It is a nice treadmill. Even with the issues I have had with it I am glad I bought it.

LRB

(though a lower price would help)

I went through with the order process just to see where it topped out, and with a 5 year warranty (489.00), shipping and installation in the room of choice (as opposed to the front room I guess) it came to $4,728.93.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Well, I was also gonna say ( now knowing that Julie's is a 1750) that our treadmills a not in the same ballpark as a pro form.  The sole and nordictrack are definitely the upper end of home mills but not even entry level for gym type mills.  Those usually start at about $2,500 and go way up from there.

If this is a legit commercial mill and not a home mill then that's most of the price tag anyway.

That said, my f80 is now 5 years old and shows no signs of weakness (lifetime warranty on most parts doesn't hurt) so while I might not deck out a gym business with them, my master bedroom certainly appreciates a $1,200 mill as much as a $4k commercial version. Cool

Randy

You Rang?

Boston Marathon Mill?  Why not.  There's a Tour de France stationary bike.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

scissorbill

For that price it should come with race entry!